LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Rams release Maher

I wonder how that conversation went?

Maher probably saw the writing on the wall. He cost the Rams the game. I know the thinking is always "well not one single player or thing cost the team the game". In this case Maher did cost the Rams the game. If he just did his job the score is 24-24 late in that game at worse. Now maybe the Steelers go down the field and kick a game-winning FG. Idk. What I do know is momentum is huge. If Maher makes even that last FG the game is 20-10 Rams in the 4th Q and I believe the Rams go on to win. So just making one of those three missed kicks the Rams wouldve been fine. 

Now this new kicker I have no idea about him other than he made a 66yd FG at his pro day. Thats impressive but I need him to be accurate and also come through in pressure situations. We wont know that until he get in live game situations. 

Edited by stl4life07

Sometimes Mcvay is getting cocky with playcalling....how do you call a spread out formation at the first play of the 3rd QT ? Who does that ? I saw this call on TV, i said to myself, why ? Doesn't make sense at all..

The momentum was lost there. But yes the kicking was awful. Maher was destroyed mentally and good thing we get rid of him. You cannot keep someone that couldn't overcome bad things.   

so, if the rams lose to the cowboys i guess we have to talk about whiterspoon?

maybe we should trade him. he will ask for #1 corner money and no way would i pay that.
we won't get any comp picks so unlike dotson who the rams absolutley should re-sign, #44 and #4 might be on the trading block.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

maybe we should trade him. he will ask for #1 corner money and no way would i pay that.
we won't get any comp picks so unlike dotson who the rams absolutley should re-sign, #44 and #4 might be on the trading block.

Yeah if we lose this weekend, I want to sell. Anyone aside of AD, Kupp, Puka, and Ernest Jones could be had for the right price. 

12 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

Witherspoon #1 CB money? Wow that's quite the stretch there, he could have #1 CB money (on our payroll that's about what he's making now around $1 million a year). 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 8:40 PM, JonStark said:

Yeah if we lose this weekend, I want to sell. Anyone aside of AD, Kupp, Puka, and Ernest Jones could be had for the right price. 

Uhhh besides those 3, who do we have that anyone would want not on a rookie deal?

I'm not going to create a retroactive gameday thread for the Cowboys game, but I'd say it's fair to consider folding up the season and being sellers at the deadline. . No rookies will be moved. Too cheap.

I'd sit Stafford down and have the discussion about being the mentor QB next season to groom whatever rookie we draft in R1. There is a lot of young talent on the team and then there's the vets we have that still hold value: AD and Kupp.

As a diehard Rams fan, I never want to see Kupp or AD not in horns. It wouldn't sit well with me. If I'm Les Snead, I have a tough decision to make.

Can I get KC's first for Kupp? Probably.

Can I get DET's first for AD? Probably.

Can I package our first (8-12) + Detroit (25-30) + KC (25-32) to get Caleb Williams? If you add in a 2025 1RP, yeah probably.

And that's what's going through my head right now if I'm Snead. Plus I have a lot of cap to play with this offseason to put pieces around Caleb + Puka + Tutu. I have young defenders in Byron Young+ Ernest Jones+ Kobie Turner+ Cobie Durant.

Maybe I make a splash in FA, bring in Kyle Pitts + Chase Young? It's gotta all be on the table after seeing Stafford get hurt AGAIN and dropping to 3-5.

Soooo the Niners get Chase young for a Third Round and we didn't even tried to get him ? Errr Niners are so stacked in pass rush, that's very concerning for us in the long term...

Stafford is banged up and we are going to let Rypien played if he's out....we didn't try to find someone better than him ? 

It means that if Stafford' s out, we are officially tanking...  

• Like 1

Defense has two guys making over 2 million AD and Fuller though I doubt Fuller is worth it

That same guy is the only person drafted in the first two rounds

Two guys Young and Jones who's not playing were 3rd round picks

Our spending breakdown on defense is $48.7 million, $26 million for AD 22.7 for the other 24 guys. 

Our starting secondary is Witherspoon who's atrocious(CB1 money lol) a 4th 2 6th and a 7th rounder

Morris deserves an award for doing what he has with this. 

I'm all for McVay giving up play calling too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Defense has two guys making over 2 million AD and Fuller though I doubt Fuller is worth it

That same guy is the only person drafted in the first two rounds

Two guys Young and Jones who's not playing were 3rd round picks

Our spending breakdown on defense is $48.7 million, $26 million for AD 22.7 for the other 24 guys. 

Our starting secondary is Witherspoon who's atrocious(CB1 money lol) a 4th 2 6th and a 7th rounder

Morris deserves an award for doing what he has with this. 

I'm all for McVay giving up play calling too.

Not sure what any play-caller could have done today. Rypien isn't a NFL QB, and our top two HBs are a guy we signed off the street and a practice squadder. When you have those issues with an OL that isn't dominant, your offense stands no chance. We tried running it on 3rd and short. It went poorly. We tried the jet sweep. It went poorly. We tried Rypien throwing the ball. It went poorly. Not much you can do. We simply don't have the talent, particularly when Stafford is out.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Not sure what any play-caller could have done today. Rypien isn't a NFL QB, and our top two HBs are a guy we signed off the street and a practice squadder. When you have those issues with an OL that isn't dominant, your offense stands no chance. We tried running it on 3rd and short. It went poorly. We tried the jet sweep. It went poorly. We tried Rypien throwing the ball. It went poorly. Not much you can do. We simply don't have the talent, particularly when Stafford is out.

Play caller change isn't just about this week. Something I've wanted for a while.

The Rams got what they deserved for not grabbing a capable back-up QB knowing Stafford's injury history. No clue what's going on with Bennett, but if we knew he wasn't returning this season, Rypien should not have been the backup.

When you make these types of decisions, it's why people question whether or not the Rams are tanking. I would not be surprised if Stafford doesn't come back the rest of the season and we move forward with another backup to give the impression we're not tanking when we really are. Top 5 pick is a real possibility if Stafford sits.

Sitting at 3-6 the Rams would have to go 7-1 or get lucky with 6-2 the rest of the way to squeak out a WC in the NFC. Commanders/Cowboys/Falcons all appear better suited to take those spots from us.

Sad day.