LA Rams: General Thread

MDY10

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

You make sense. The Rams can make it happen if they are aggressive which I think they will be. I’m all for getting AD some help. If Kobie can get 9 sacks playing with AD then Jones should easily get 12-15. Man I can’t wait till FA starts to see who the Rams are rumored to be targeting via signing and/or trading. 

Absolutely.. I think guys will wanna come here and play.. We just gotta hope they don’t get tagged. Even if they do throw in our first. McVay seemed very emotional after this loss. It’s gonna burn him to get better. Brian Burns and Chris! A man can dream.. 

So yeah. If we cut notebook pre 6-1, restructure, Kupp, Donald and Staff we are looking about 90+ million in cap Space this season. . And the 90+ million we would have had in 2025 turns into 84 million. After that well it’s 140+ but that’s with no players basically 😂 

Would love to bring back. 
john Johnson, Dotson, Jordan fuller, Alaric, Bryce and Ronnie rivers.. 

Danielle Hunter, Chris Jones, Brian Burns and more depth… please lawd. 

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

So yeah. If we cut notebook pre 6-1, restructure, Kupp, Donald and Staff we are looking about 90+ million in cap Space this season. . And the 90+ million we would have had in 2025 turns into 84 million. After that well it’s 140+ but that’s with no players basically 😂 

Would love to bring back. 
john Johnson, Dotson, Jordan fuller, Alaric, Bryce and Ronnie rivers.. 

Danielle Hunter, Chris Jones, Brian Burns and more depth… please lawd. 

My only pushback is do you think Stafford and Donald will restructure? Kupp I think would but the other ones Im not sure. 

Id bring back Wentz too. Dont know the certainty of Bennett but Im not giving up on him bc he could be the future of the Rams down the road.

Just now, Flounch said:

Do we really need Stafford and Donald restructure ? But knowing that it could be Donald and Stafford last season, i wonder how they would work the offseason. 

Yes we have so much more cap

space down the line, we can afford it. Go for broke this year. I don’t see why they wouldn’t. They’ve made their money. This is about getting the last ring. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Yes we have so much more cap

space down the line, we can afford it. Go for broke this year. I don’t see why they wouldn’t. They’ve made their money. This is about getting the last ring. 

This offseason should be a fun one. I don’t remember the last time I was so excited for an offseason. Do we have an official draft pick number yet? 

7 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

This offseason should be a fun one. I don’t remember the last time I was so excited for an offseason. Do we have an official draft pick number yet? 

19 or 20 depending the outcome of the Bucs and eagles game. 

At the end of every season, there's always a 'what next?' question - I'd say it's one of the most intriguing things about the NFL. 

Last season, although we didn't openly admit it - we hit the 'reset' button pretty hard and emptied our Roster of every vet that wasn't pulling their weight or didn't have a long-term future. It created a mound in dead cap and I think we started training camp with the fewest number of players in the league - pretty sure we wouldn't have had enough to fill a roster if memory serves. Instead of tanking and the talk of Caleb Williams, the Rams are very much in one of those 'what next' moments after losing by the finest of margins to the Lions. We're on the clock with regards to Donald & Stafford - do we look to add the talent necessary to put us in a strong position for a run next season - now we know what we have in Puka, Turner, etc, it's easier to plan and plug the gaps around them - or do we continue with our rebuild? It's fascinating to me which route we will take. 

Stafford has played unbelievably well this season, but the production (numbers) hasn't mirrored the sheer talent that he's shown from week-to-week - it seems he's had to do some fairly remarkable stuff for some fairly unremarkable return. How do we approach replacing him - Wentz is a good backup but he isn't ever going to be our starting QB. 

It's a good class for quarterbacks this upcoming draft - Williams (obviously), Maye, Daniels, McCarthy, Nix & Penix (and plenty more expected to go day 2, 3). Do we see something in one or a couple of these guys that could see them take the Jordan Love route to football where they sit for a couple of years behind Stafford? Is there someone in the league that could be of interest - Justin Fields came to mind as he's got a skillset that I think McVay would love to work with but maybe someone like Lance. 

For me, I think we have to give Donald, Stafford and Co an opportunity of a second ring. If Snead can draft like a wizard again, find a few gems with those mid-late round picks and land on a stud in the first & second. Add a couple of key pieces in free agency, completely build up the special teams unit from the ground up... then see what happens. 

A big splash on a player like Danielle Hunter would be very much welcome - would be a huge boost for AD, Turner & the boys! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, El Ramster said:

19 or 20 depending the outcome of the Bucs and eagles game. 

Officially 19! Everyone thought we’d be top 5-10. 
Picking 19th kind of sucks but considering we haven’t had a first in so long I’m just happy to have one lol that’s if we keep it. 

50 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Officially 19! Everyone thought we’d be top 5-10. 
Picking 19th kind of sucks but considering we haven’t had a first in so long I’m just happy to have one lol that’s if we keep it. 

Let us hope Penix is there 😂 

Two things we can say:

1 Even if the Rams found a way to win they came away from that game beat up. Stafford, Kyren, Puka, and Higbee. It wouldve been survival and then next week against the Bucs who knows who wouldve been even able to play and at what level of play were they capable of playing?

2 All the backlash coming from this game you better believe when the Rams make their Superbowl run next season they wont be getting the short end of the stick bc everyone would point to this game and how they lost at the end bc of the refs. And I know people are going to say "make up calls the league helping the Rams bc of what happened this season" but thats how I feel its going to happen. So we could benefit next season from how things ended this season. And we have extra motivation too not to leave any games in the hands of the refs. We couldve won this game had we just converted TDs in the redzone instead of settling for FGs.