Rams designate Cam Akers to return from IR

NVRamsFan

9 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

That’s a ridiculous recovery time. Doesn’t it usually take 9+ months and that’s if everything goes fine crazy.

You can get back fairly quickly, but usually it's a good long time before you're actually 100% and have your full explosion and everything

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, pwny said:

Did they wait until the start of the season to place him on IR, or have the rules been changed to allow players placed on IR during the offseason to be designated for return too?

Didn't he play and get injured in the first game of the season or am I mis-remembering?

Either way its pretty crazy to see him already trying to comeback and I bet it will be nice to have him for the playoffs 

1 minute ago, sryan66611 said:

Didn't he play and get injured in the first game of the season or am I mis-remembering?

Either way its pretty crazy to see him already trying to comeback and I bet it will be nice to have him for the playoffs 

He got hurt in training camp right before the first pre season game I believe 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

They may just want him to get some practice time before shutting him down for the rest of the go. I can't imagine him providing more than what Sony offers so quickly in his recovery. 

This makes sense - let him experience a bit of game speed (practice, but still) then put him in park as he continues his rehab.

Would be nice to see him rebound next season.

4 hours ago, pwny said:

Did they wait until the start of the season to place him on IR, or have the rules been changed to allow players placed on IR during the offseason to be designated for return too?

He wasn't put on IR until the season started so they could bring him back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This makes sense - let him experience a bit of game speed (practice, but still) then put him in park as he continues his rehab.

Would be nice to see him rebound next season.

Hard to tell, McVay has talked about him coming back for the playoffs since October.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable putting a RB coming off a injury like that into a Playoff sitution. It isn't unheard of though, I remember back in 2013 or so and Melvin Ingram had suffered a major injury in camp but made it back towards the end of that season. Helped us to go on a  small playoff run and then there's Hunter Henry who had a ACL in camp but only made it back for our Divisional playoff game but only as a blocking T.E.

On 12/23/2021 at 5:16 PM, Deadpulse said:

They may just want him to get some practice time before shutting him down for the rest of the go. I can't imagine him providing more than what Sony offers so quickly in his recovery. 

So much for that theory.

200.gif