Week 17 SNF Vikings @ Packers: Postgame - Packers WIN 37-10, CLINCH #1 seed!

FAH1223

41 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not insignificant.

Vikes lose Cousins, Dantzler, and now Pierce for the game while GB gets most of their guys activated off the COVID list and are playing in Lambeau

This needs to be the week they stomp on a team and don't let them hang around or come back in the game after building a 2 score lead. Gotta start building momentum for the playoffs. Defense has been trending in the wrong direction the past 5 weeks with some really bad performances. They need to shut this offense down considering the circumstances.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Vikes lose Cousins, Dantzler, and now Pierce for the game while GB gets most of their guys activated off the COVID list and are playing in Lambeau

This needs to be the week they stomp on a team and don't let them hang around or come back in the game after building a 2 score lead. Gotta start building momentum for the playoffs. Defense has been trending in the wrong direction the past 5 weeks with some really bad performances. They need to shut this offense down considering the circumstances.

I really want to be optimistic but I keep seeing Dalvin running through arm tackles and Mannion hitting WRs on 3rd and 6 while our guys are playing 8 yards off...

Our offense should take whatever they want. Just hope our defense plays better than a bottom 10 unit.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I really want to be optimistic but I keep seeing Dalvin running through arm tackles and Mannion hitting WRs on 3rd and 6 while our guys are playing 8 yards off...

Our offense should take whatever they want. Just hope our defense plays better than a bottom 10 unit.

Or you can be a realist and see that in all likelihood given the circumstances GB is probably going to win this game. It’s a 13 point spread. 

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Bad take

• Like 2

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

It wouldn't be you if you were optimistic.  Dalvin Cook is gonna eat, but I don't think he's gonna run wild.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It wouldn't be you if you were optimistic.  Dalvin Cook is gonna eat, but I don't think he's gonna run wild.

I'll be optimistic when we're up 25 in the 4th Q of the Super Bowl, with the ball, under 2 mins and KC has zero timeouts. 

Them going with Mannion kinda surprises me tbh.  I don't think either Mannion or Mond are going to lead Minnesota to a win in Green Bay, but I would think after watching Huntley run all over the Packers' D that Mond could recreate that more then Mannion.  But who I am to complain?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Or you can be a realist and see that in all likelihood given the circumstances GB is probably going to win this game. It’s a 13 point spread. 

Am I really being unrealistic about Dalvin running all over us? (See e.g. 2020 game at Lambeau). Am I really being unrealistic about us playing soft in coverage? (See e.g. games against Balt and Cleve). I mean, I hope as much as the next fan those things don't happen, and I hope our D gets back to how they played the first half of the season. I actually thought we were going to wreck the Browns and have a great defensive performance...instead we gave up 220 yards rushing lol.

Edited by packfanfb

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Them going with Mannion kinda surprises me tbh.  I don't think either Mannion or Mond are going to lead Minnesota to a win in Green Bay, but I would think after watching Huntley run all over the Packers' D that Mond could recreate that more then Mannion.  But who I am to complain?

Thought the same thing. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Am I really being unrealistic about Dalvin running all over us? (See e.g. 2020 game at Lambeau). Am I really being unrealistic about us playing soft in coverage? (See e.g. games against Balt and Cleve). I mean, I hope as much as the next fan those things don't happen, and I hope our D gets back to how they played the first half of the season. I actually thought we were going to wreck the Browns and have a great defensive performance...instead we have up 220 yards rushing lol.

His chances of running all over us seriously decreased when Cousins was ruled out.  The Packers can now put another guy or two in the box and force Manion to beat them .. he can't.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

His chances of running all over us serious decreased when Cousins was ruled out.  The Packers can now put another guy or two in the box and force Manion to beat them .. he can't.

Meh, I would have thought the same about Cleveland. Were the Packers afraid of Mayfield with Landry and DPJ??? If so, capital Yikes. The Browns' only chance was to run behind Chubb and thankfully they were too stupid to fully commit to it. 

I agree that we should be prepared to stack against Cook. I just want to see proof that we can get it done. It starts with our guys winning up front. The Browns OL pushed our guys around all night. Can't let that happen tomorrow.

Edited by packfanfb

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

His chances of running all over us seriously decreased when Cousins was ruled out.  The Packers can now put another guy or two in the box and force Manion to beat them .. he can't.

Cousins and Thielen 

Double Jefferson, Osborn should be someone that can be single covered and you force whoever is QB for MIN to beat you with the secondary pass catching options....osborn, Conklin, etc

Just now, squire12 said:

Cousins and Thielen 

Double Jefferson, Osborn should be someone that can be single covered and you force whoever is QB for MIN to beat you with the secondary pass catching options....osborn, Conklin, etc

It'll be very interesting to see the plan against Jefferson.