MNF: Miami Dolphins (7-7) @ New Orleans Saints (7-7)

TheKillerNacho

MNF  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Ian Book
    • Myles Gaskin
    • Duke Johnson
    • Alvin Kamara
    • Mark Ingram
    • DeVante Parker
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Mack Hollins
    • Tre'Quan Smith
    • Marquez Callaway
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Kenny Stills
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Durham Smythe
    • Nick Vannett
    • Dolphins DST
    • Saints DST
    • Jason Sanders
    • Brett Maher

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/28/2021 at 01:30 AM

24 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Yah but why are they throwing so early in a game when they don’t know what there getting with Book, set up the run. Do some PA with short crossing routes, than go for the deep passes. Your correct that it’s not only Books fault, but he certainly didn’t help his stock here

Book could have played his perfect game…and it wouldn’t matter. You can’t run play action when the opposing defense is shutting down the run. There was no run game…the WRs suck (aside from Callaway, who is likely a #3 WR…the rest of the guys aren’t even NFL level players) and the OL is literally off the street (their #7-8 OTs). The only OL that had some level of experience are McCoy and Ruiz…and Ruiz outright sucks. Book had no practice time with the starters because they were protecting him from COVID exposure. Frankly, I’m not sure there are many QBs in the league that could have fair well under those circumstances. Not to mention that the game went sideways after a fluky tipped pass pick-6. Any chance of playing an ugly but successful gameplan went out the window at that very moment. 

A few thoughts:

* Sean Payton whined to the refs but he made an incomparably ignorant strategic choice on that Miami possession. After Tua was sacked on 3rd down at the 41 all Payton had to do was call time out. There were 18 seconds remaining. I was flabbergasted that the Saints didn't figure it out. Flores would have punted. Even against Ian Book they wouldn't have risked a 59 yard field goal miss and giving New Orleans the ball near midfield. Instead Sean Payton just stood there allowing the clock to run down, handing the Dolphins a free field goal attempt to end the half.

* The Saints demonstrated the limitations of the brilliant roll right play. I loved it when the Dolphins were fully prepared and wiped it out immediately. It's amazing that play hasn't been condemned by announcers over the decades. Louis Riddick did a good job tonight but there should have been at least 1000 prior examples of analysts saying the same thing

* The Dolphins have so many clever designs on offense it feels like stealing. So many easy 5-8 yard gains that are brilliantly schemed and break wide open toward the sideline. I always feel comparatively bad for the opponent that actually has to work for yardage in that range. I was posting this theme early season when the Dolphins were on the losing streak. It's one of the reasons I was confident they would win a ton of games while picking on the weaklings on their schedule. Those plays would look stupid while trying to match points with Mahomes but week to week they are demoralizing to the opponent. Waddle obviously makes it work, once they figured out his skill set and how to best utilize it. Fellow Dolphin fans do a lot of complaining about the offensive line. There is not nearly enough praise to Godsey and the cheap first downs his playbook creates week after week. Tua has just the proper amount of elusiveness and moxie on those RPO-type plays. You can't have him on 7 step drops with midrange reliance, no matter the strength of the offensive line.

Edited by Awsi Dooger
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, JourneymanQB13 said:

Jesse Davis is the absolute worst. Terrible effort on that run play. 

False.  The absolute worst is playing LG on the same OL.  I'm glad the country got to watch just how pathetic this Miami OL is last night, though.  Maybe the misguided narratives surrounding Tua will die down a bit.

3 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I'm glad the country got to watch just how pathetic this Miami OL is last night, though.  Maybe the misguided narratives surrounding Tua will die down a bit.

Still in shock how so many precious draft picks used on the O-line have turned out sour. 

Open the treasure chest and pay those FA linemen next year.