Positional Needs Heading into the Offseason

MKnight82

59 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No. I think he’s going to end up in Philly or New York anyway. My ultimate guess is Hurts and two of their firsts this year go to Seattle for Wilson. 

It'd be interesting to see if Seattle would even take Hurts. Do you take that deal you said or something like two firsts, a 3rd, and Minshew?

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

It'd be interesting to see if Seattle would even take Hurts. Do you take that deal you said or something like two firsts, a 3rd, and Minshew?

I would think they’d take Hurts. They wouldn’t have to change the offense too much. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I would think they’d take Hurts. They wouldn’t have to change the offense too much. 

I see your point, has its truths and don't completely disagree... but to an extent (there had to be a but!).

Maybe early Russell offense where he ran more obviously, because that is to Hurts strengths. But he is a piss poor deep ball thrower - something Russell is good at, and his WRs are compliments too. That totally ruins my Minshew argument and I get that, but it was never really about Minshew anyway. 

So they would have to still change the offense a decent amount. It could work, but if I'm Seattle, I would ask for other stuff instead. 

And trust me, I was a guy who was higher on Hurts than most coming out. I'm happy he's had some success, but it would probably blow up in Seattle. My opinion.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I see your point, has its truths and don't completely disagree... but to an extent (there had to be a but!).

Maybe early Russell offense where he ran more obviously, because that is to Hurts strengths. But he is a piss poor deep ball thrower - something Russell is good at, and his WRs are compliments too. That totally ruins my Minshew argument and I get that, but it was never really about Minshew anyway. 

So they would have to still change the offense a decent amount. It could work, but if I'm Seattle, I would ask for other stuff instead. 

And trust me, I was a guy who was higher on Hurts than most coming out. I'm happy he's had some success, but it would probably blow up in Seattle. My opinion.

I think Hurts is more of a throw in. It gives Seattle a young QB with some talent who could potentially develop into a Wilson-lite. More than likely he ends up being a career back up but they’ll have those two first round picks to help their defense and won’t be totally left out in the dark at the QB position. They’d obviously be picking a QB most likely the following season or they could take Malik Willis with one of the Eagles firsts. I don’t think the two firsts and Hurts is enough personally but I’m not sure how many other teams will be able to make that offer? The Giants aren’t giving up two top 10 picks for him that’s for sure. 

I do think Russell gets traded. I think he wants out but really who has the ability to make an enticing offer other than the Eagles? Russell immediately makes them a Super Bowl contender and gives them the best QB in the division. They also would still have a first round pick to add another weapon. It’s the most logical destination in my opinion. Maybe they can toss in Jalen Raeger just to get rid of him? I just think a team would value Hurts more than Minshew. Hurts is more dynamic. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t think the two firsts and Hurts is enough personally but I’m not sure how many other teams will be able to make that offer? The Giants aren’t giving up two top 10 picks for him that’s for sure. 

Good question. It's not dissimilar to what the Rams did, but it is less. The Steelers, Packers depending on Rodgers, Miami, Denver, Washington, and to a lesser extent in my mind the Giants, are all the teams to watch imo. It might be more than you think. Miami will be tough because it would be far future picks, but you never know. What if the Browns traded Baker, a first, and a second? We might see something wild again this offseason. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Good question. It's not dissimilar to what the Rams did, but it is less. The Steelers, Packers depending on Rodgers, Miami, Washington, and to a lesser extent in my mind the Giants, are all the teams to watch imo. It might be more than you think. Miami will be tough because it would be far future picks, but you never know. What if the Browns traded Baker, a first, and a second? We might see something wild again this offseason. 

I think we’ll make a strong push but Wilson would veto it similar to what Stafford was doing. Miami fired Flores because he didn’t want to work with Tua. I think Baker gets another season. He’s been pretty good save for this injury riddled season. I think the issue for teams like us and the Steelers etc is we don’t have the draft capital to make a big immediate offer so we’d most likely be stuck tossing in Sweat plus another player. I don’t think they’d want Payne and his expiring contract. So the Steelers would most likely be forced to throw in Devon Bush. 

I've posited the idea of a Giants trade for Watson. Two first round picks. One in this draft and one in next years (they aren’t giving up two 10 picks) plus Barkley and Shepard for Watson. The Texans would have two top 10 picks. The Giants would still have one and can get another OL to protect Watson. So I wouldn’t be shocked personally to see Watson and Wilson both end up in the East. 

It has been reported the Jets want to trade their number 10 pick. I think this could bite us pretty bad if we are looking to stay put and take a QB at 11.

i think corral or picket will go to Carolina and that if a team trades up to 10 that it could be the one that wasn’t picked.

that leaves Willis and Howell. Do you take one of them at 11? If we do, I know he’s raw, but I would take willis

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

It has been reported the Jets want to trade their number 10 pick. I think this could bite us pretty bad if we are looking to stay put and take a QB at 11.

i think corral or picket will go to Carolina and that if a team trades up to 10 that it could be the one that wasn’t picked.

that leaves Willis and Howell. Do you take one of them at 11? If we do, I know he’s raw, but I would take willis

Under no circumstances am I taking Willis over Howell. Willis has a long, long way to go and this team is not the ideal place for that kind of development. Howell is very good. He would’ve been a top 10, maybe even top 5 pick had been in the draft last year. If Howell is there and I think come draft day that’s a big IF, he should be the pick. I wouldn’t touch Willis before the third round. He’s a mess. 

15 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I would honestly just trade a 4th Round pick to the Bills for Trubisky. I got no problem burning a 1st round pick on a QB; but this is not the year.