Positional Needs Heading into the Offseason

MKnight82

1 hour ago, MacDog said:

I guess without doing a deep dive into career stats, I cannot really argue the point, but I can tell you I never saw games from either Trubisky or Marriotta that showed near the promise a few of Lock's games showed me.

But I respect your opinion.

Lock has potential, Lock’s issue is that he thinks he’s invincible & he can make every throw all the time. He makes some horrible decisions with the ball. As a prospect I always said he reminded me of Jay Cutler with a good but not elite arm like Cutler had. 

My other issue is that we’d have to trade to get Lock and I wouldn’t want to give up a draft pick for a guy who’s almost 100% going to be just a back up for us. 

We don’t have to trade a draft pick to get Trubisky or Mariota & they’re similar players to Lock who’ve actually proven more than Lock has in his career. Lock was so underwhelming that steady Eddie Teddy Bridgewater beat him out to be the starter in Denver. That doesn’t strike me as the type of QB who’s going to come here and be a major upgrade at QB for us.

29 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Its quarterback. Washington needs a franchise QB. It needs a Burrow/Mahomes/Stafford/Brady/Rodgers. You are nothing in the NFL without one.

Agreed, and no more turning our noses up on Herbert, Mac Jones, Davis Mills types in draft, because you want a sure thing. To get a sure thing you have to have a top pick in draft. 

Take the best of the top 4 QB's in this draft and go for it. (Corral, Pickett, Howell, Willis)

• Like 1

Jimmy G ran into an elite Defense today and they showed up when they were needed to. That last pass was completely stupid, but he didn't play bad by any means.

That being said, trading a 1st for any QB not named Rodgers, Wilson or Watson is a bad idea. I expect Jimmy to end up in TB.

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Jimmy G ran into an elite Defense today and they showed up when they were needed to. That last pass was completely stupid, but he didn't play bad by any means.

That being said, trading a 1st for any QB not named Rodgers, Wilson or Watson is a bad idea. I expect Jimmy to end up in TB.

He sucks. He basically had the same season as Heineke but on a much more talented team.

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think he sucks too, but he was massively more efficient than Heinicke. 

Statistically they had extremely similar seasons save for passer rating. Heinecke had 5 games with over a 100 passer rating and one game he had a 99. Jimmy had 7. I mean, looking at the numbers and taking into account the covid riddled Dallas beat down they were almost the same.

Edited by lavar703

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Statistically they had extremely similar seasons save for passer rating. Heinecke had 5 games with over a 100 passer rating and one game he had a 99. Jimmy had 7. I mean, looking at the numbers and taking into account the covid riddled Dallas beat down they were almost the same.

Jimmy G led the league in yards per completion and was 2nd in yards per attempt. He also led the league in NY/A and was top 5 in all those adjusted yardage stats. He was 5th in DVOA, 9th in passer rating, and 13th in QBR. 

I don’t think he’s a major upgrade on Heinicke, though I do think he is a marginal upgrade, and I think he’s absolutely a product of the situation he’s in. But he was one of the most efficient QBs in the league this year, and he pretty much always has been. Not really any way to argue that one — the question that matters is whether he’d be that with us, without the Shanahan run game (and play calls) and that variety of playmakers who churn out yardage after the catch. I doubt it. 

But I also think they’re going to see those numbers and the W/L record and the postseason success and conclude that he’s just what we need. A genuine franchise QB at a relative discount. And I don’t expect them to be able to resist. Just really hoping it won’t cost them 11. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I swear on my fandom if they trade our first round pick for Jimmy Garrapolo I am done lol. He's worse than the commanders name

I would be appalled particularly because he only is on a one year deal.   I would probably be open to paying the money for him, but not the pick and the money.  

• Like 1