Positional Needs Heading into the Offseason

MKnight82

14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Well I guess we’re going to lose Scherff next. I guess I get it to a degree but letting him walk for nothing is just crazy. I have no idea why he wasn’t dealt when they knew he wasn’t going to sign? We have to be the best at getting nothing back for talent. 

He bs’d that he wanted to be here long term and rejected a nice deal. I understand it’s a business and careers aren’t long but he played games about his intentions. He is a big injury risk, he’s not irreplaceable. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Haven’t found this anywhere else but looking in to it. 

His contract was insane. This needed to be done. I've been blasting Landon ever since his first season was over here. He did have a 3 game stretch where he made some plays at LB that was not enough, I have no faith in him staying healthy anymore either. 

Edited by taylor made

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Haven’t found this anywhere else but looking in to it. 

This is not accurate. I think even if he's designated as a June 1 cut it still costs more to cut him than keep him. Also this account is garbage. Keim got upset the other day because they accredited something he said about Scherff except Keim never said it lol. Also, I'm pretty sure Standig said they would like to keep Collins so they might approach him about reworking his contract.

Edited by lavar703

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is not accurate. I think even if he's designated as a June 1 cut it still costs more to cut him than keep him.

I'm seeing him as a $16 million cap hit, with a $9.6 million release and as a June 1st cut of $4.2 million so I'm not sure where your info comes from. I remember when we signed him this was going to be the year of the out. He had nothing guaranteed moving forward. 

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Also this account is garbage. Keim got upset the other day because they accredited something he said about Scherff except Keim never said it lol. Also, I'm pretty sure Standig said they would like to keep Collins so they might approach him about reworking his contract.

I haven't found anything else to justify it, so it looks so as far as BS. I still think we might end up cutting him, but this "report" does seem premature from my end. 

42 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm seeing him as a $16 million cap hit, with a $9.6 million release and as a June 1st cut of $4.2 million so I'm not sure where your info comes from. I remember when we signed him this was going to be the year of the out. He had nothing guaranteed moving forward. 

I haven't found anything else to justify it, so it looks so as far as BS. I still think we might end up cutting him, but this "report" does seem premature from my end. 

Ahh I could be wrong dude. I could've sworn the cap hit to cut him was $12M. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Ahh I could be wrong dude. I could've sworn the cap hit to cut him was $12M. 

We good, you might be thinking of someone else. Regardless here it is:

POTENTIAL OUT: 2022, 3 YR, $44,543,750; $9,600,000 DEAD CAP

2022 Contract details by year 28 $11,500,000 $3,000,000 $500,000 $1,200,000 $16,200,000 $9,600,000 $12,000,000($56,543,750)  
PRE-6/1 RELEASE2022 Dead Cap: $9,600,0002022 Cap Savings: $6,600,000 PRE-6/1 TRADE2022 Dead Cap: $9,600,0002022 Cap Savings: $6,600,000 POST-6/1 RELEASE2022 Dead Cap: $4,200,0002023 Dead Cap: $5,400,0002022 Cap Savings: $12,000,000 POST-6/1 TRADE2022 Dead Cap: $4,200,0002023 Dead Cap: $5,400,0002022 Cap Savings: $12,000,00
  • Like 1

For me, As great as Rodgers is, I don’t know if I can give up 3 1st rd picks +, for MAYBE 2 years and go through this drama again whether he wants to play anymore after the first year. 
He’s made it to the Super Bowl 1 time with all his MVP’s. It’s been over 10 years since he was there. No guarantees he gets us there and at his age and the skepticism of his future to keep playing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

For me, As great as Rodgers is, I don’t know if I can give up 3 1st rd picks +, for MAYBE 2 years and go through this drama again whether he wants to play anymore after the first year. 
He’s made it to the Super Bowl 1 time with all his MVP’s. It’s been over 10 years since he was there. No guarantees he gets us there and at his age and the skepticism of his future to keep playing. 

This is where I am with Rodgers, too. I think a ready-made elite veteran QB is really our best (maybe only?) chance to open the window with this core of Kyle Smith players. If I could be sure that I would get 3 good seasons out of him, I’d trade a ton to get him.

But I just don’t feel sure of that. I don’t trust the guy — if he’s willing to let the Packers twist in the wind like this, what on earth would he be willing to do to try to force the Commanders to bend to his will?

I’ve always assumed he would just refuse to come here, so it was a nice idea to daydream about, but when push came to shove, I figured it wouldn’t/couldn’t ever happen. But the truth is, as it began to feel more like a realistic option, I just didn’t feel like we can rely on him enough to make that kind of gamble (even if he did say he’d come here). Not if we’re looking at multiple 1sts for him. 

I don’t know that anyone can feel that they can count on him to that extent, which is why I suspect he’ll either end up staying in GB or will have a much lower eventual trade cost than many are currently speculating about. 

On 2/23/2022 at 11:23 PM, lavar703 said:

Well I guess we’re going to lose Scherff next. I guess I get it to a degree but letting him walk for nothing is just crazy. I have no idea why he wasn’t dealt when they knew he wasn’t going to sign? We have to be the best at getting nothing back for talent. 

we-dont-do-that-here-black-panther.gif