Positional Needs Heading into the Offseason

MKnight82

On 2/25/2022 at 9:59 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Trubisky does still have untapped potential, whether he ever reaches that it is a different question. He flashed some in Chicago but he was also very erratic and inaccurate at times. 

Edited by turtle28

On 2/26/2022 at 6:57 PM, turtle28 said:

Trubisky does still have untapped potential, whether he ever reaches that it a different question. He flashed some in Chicago but he was also very erratic and inaccurate at times. 

I think more of that was due to confidence and just not being placed in good positions. I’m not saying Chicago didn’t try to surround him with talent but they def fell short compared to the Dhop’s and Hill/ Kelce’s of the world. Mitch can play. I think for everything Chicago had on defense they just didn’t have to help Mitch. It was a collection of things. Hopefully we can add the player we should have traded up for anyways and we get Watson here and we can try to move forward with the best QB I think you can get moving forward this offseason

• Like 1

I’m guessing most have probably seen this already, but it’s fairly significant news in the offseason QB derby. 

The good news here is that it probably decreases the likelihood that we trade for Jimmy G — or if we do, it decreases the likelihood that it’s for significant pick value. Previously, I was sticking at a 3rd rounder as the absolute max I could sign off on dealing for him (given his contract), but with the added short- and long-term risk of this throwing shoulder injury, it’s definitely at most a 4th for me now. 

I will say for the record, that I do think that of all the veteran guys realistically available to us, Jimmy G is the best player. But the big cap number (that will assuredly require some kind of extension) and the injury mega-risk means I’m just not going to be able to give up anything I really value for him.

8 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

We’re going to sell the farm for Watson. Ron said who cares what was given up for Stafford lol. I think he’s about to go full send here lol

If they truly are going to go all out for a QB this year I agree it will be for Watson. If it fails Plan B big Mitch will be in play and we will draft Plan C 🤣

18 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

We’re going to sell the farm for Watson. Ron said who cares what was given up for Stafford lol. I think he’s about to go full send here lol

He said that, but then you look at our offer we made last year and that isn't reflective. 

On 3/1/2022 at 1:54 PM, ripsean21 said:

I think more of that was due to confidence and just not being placed in good positions. I’m not saying Chicago didn’t try to surround him with talent but they def fell short compared to the Dhop’s and Hill/ Kelce’s of the world. Mitch can play. I think for everything Chicago had on defense they just didn’t have to help Mitch. It was a collection of things. Hopefully we can add the player we should have traded up for anyways and we get Watson here and we can try to move forward with the best QB I think you can get moving forward this offseason

Yeah, I want Watson too. I made my opinion known that I would’ve traded for him last off-season/at the trade deadline already. 

Whatever comes out of his civil cases, it’s eventually going to get solved. He already was sat down last year which to me should act like a suspension. I think he’s definitely looking at hefty fine & probably a suspension but as I said I think him not playing last year should serve as his suspension.

Personally, I think guys who are only charged but haven’t been convicted of any crimes should be allowed to play. I really hate what’s come of our society where people are charged of doing something & w/o being proven by a court of law they are already assumed guilty. This happens all the time in todays society especially for celebrities and athletes.

This country seems to be going on a guilty until proven innocent nowadays instead of what the law says which is innocent until proven guilty and it bothers me. 

Edited by turtle28

On 3/2/2022 at 11:38 AM, ARTMONK HOF said:

I don’t see Jameis working out here. He’s too immature. He’s similar to Haskins in that way and I don’t think Ron will want him/like him as a QB. Ron wants the QB to be as leader and be mature, I don’t think Jameis is a good example of either of those things. I’ll be shocked if we sign him.

I honestly think Jameis will end up back in New Orleans and they’re going to have Mike Thomas back to go along with Kamara, Tre’Quan Smith and Marquez Callaway.