Positional Needs Heading into the Offseason

MKnight82

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You sure about that? I mean, they have some serious talent.

I said that much more, I mean they are more talented but they’re not that much more talented. Like Debo Samuel is more versatile & gets more yac yards than Terry, but as far as being a true WR, I think Terry is a better true WR but Debo is a better weapon. 

A healthy Curtis Samuel is a push w/ Brandon Aiyuk. The rest of our WR depth I’d take over theirs. 

I think Gibson is better than any of the 49ers running backs - unless you’re including Debo as a RB.

Obviously, Kittle is better then any of our TEs & Trent is better than any of our OL, but Scherff is better than their other 4 OL. McGlinchey would be next and Mack but I’d take Flowers & Roullier over the guards as far as being better OL.

On defense, Bosa is the best DL on either team. But, I’d take the rest of our starting DL over theirs.

Obviously Warner & Greenlaw are better than any of our LBs, but if Holcomb was on the 49ers, he’d start at SLB.

I’d take our CBs & Curl over their CBs & Tartt but I’d take Jimmie Ward over Bobby McCain.

21 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

They’ll purse and fail. I don’t think either QB will want to come here unless Cam convinces Watson that playing for Rivera will be good for him bc Rivera was good for Cam, should Watson ask. 

I don’t know, to me they’re going to have to settle for the 2nd tier guys. I would much rather them draft a QB in rnd 1, sign Mariota or Trubisky & re-sign Kyle Allen to compete w/ Heinicke for our starting job.

I think trading picks to get Jimmy G is stupid, if he ends up getting cut though bc no one will trade for him, I’d sign him as a FA.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If this team manages to acquire Watson he'll end up suspended forever. 

Yep, they will discover the snuff films he made involving several massage therapists that went missing in places where he was vacationing in the offseason.

All after Dan welcomed him with red carpet treatments only days before.

• Like 1

All you guys rooting for Watson better stop whining about snyder because it seems you are on the same level as him.  And surely you recognize that if you want to acquire that predator you are going to need a really low life owner to go bring someone like that to be the face of a franchise.

Really though, the talk is ungrounded because Watson's own agents aren't going to let him go to a team that already has it's own issues in the sexual harassment sphere.  Watson needs to tip toe around at a team that wasn't recently embroiled in scandal.

Not to mention, bringing in Watson would represent the opposite of everything Rivera represents himself as.  I just can't imagine it.  Obviously, I am personally appalled even by the thought of it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, offbyone said:

All you guys rooting for Watson better stop whining about snyder because it seems you are on the same level as him.  And surely you recognize that if you want to acquire that predator you are going to need a really low life owner to go bring someone like that to be the face of a franchise.

Really though, the talk is ungrounded because Watson's own agents aren't going to let him go to a team that already has it's own issues in the sexual harassment sphere.  Watson needs to tip toe around at a team that wasn't recently embroiled in scandal.

Not to mention, bringing in Watson would represent the opposite of everything Rivera represents himself as.  I just can't imagine it.  Obviously, I am personally appalled even by the thought of it.

Ya I'm with you on this.  I've always been of the opinion I want to root for players I actually respect on my team.  I have no interest in rooting for Watson on Sundays. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya I'm with you on this.  I've always been of the opinion I want to root for players I actually respect on my team.  I have no interest in rooting for Watson on Sundays. 

+1 Concisely expressed.  They don't need to be choir boys, but there is a line in the sand.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 12:31 AM, offbyone said:

Then obvious difference between the two is Watson would come here and make is a playoff team, maybe a Super Bowl contender.

We want Dan Snyder gone! We are looking for anyway to get the league to push Dan Snyder to sell the team because he’s ruined this franchise for the last 22 years.

Edited by turtle28