Positional Needs Heading into the Offseason

MKnight82

8 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm thinking about the trade for McNabb- same age. we gave a second and 3rd or 4 th.. not saying they are equal player, I haven't compared them stat for stat but I'm not giving up a ONE no way no how . 

I think he could be on the decline with the age and injuries. I don't like this idea .

When we traded for McNabb he was pretty much washed up. Russell Wilson is still in his prime.

Just now, turtle28 said:

When we traded for McNabb he was pretty much washed up. Russell Wilson is still in his prime.

Did everyone think McNabb was "washed up" before we did the trade. ? His last year in Philly was pretty much the same as his previous 4 . Same production .

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Did everyone think McNabb was "washed up" before we did the trade. ? His last year in Philly was pretty much the same as his previous 4 . Same production .

True, although I would say that McNabb was out of shape and on the decline his last few years in Philly, that’s never been a problem for Russ. Russ is always prepared, he could play 5-10 more years if he wanted to I think.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

True, although I would say that McNabb was out of shape and on the decline his last few years in Philly, that’s never been a problem for Russ. Russ is always prepared, he could play 5-10 more years if he wanted to I think.

?????? Some of his best years were right before he came here. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

?????? Some of his best years were right before he came here. 

I think it was obvious that McNabb was getting old though, he was a big mobile Qb who relied on his size a lot like Cam and like Cam he wasn’t the most accurate guy and he was starting to hit a physical wall bc of all the hits etc as he approached his mid 30s.

I guess I’d also ask, if that’s your opinion, then what went wrong in Washington for McNabb? 

My opinion was always that the Shanahan’s didn’t cater their offense enough to what made McNabb successful under Andy Reid. There’s a reason Kyle Shanahan wanted Rex Grossman & Mark Bulger over McNabb, Kyle & Mike don’t adapt their offense to their talent, they find talent that fits their offense and I don’t think they tried hard enough to accommodate McNabb but on the flip side I don’t think McNAbb tried hard enough to conform into their offense. He wasn’t awful on 2010 given how absent of talent our offense was IMO, I mean McNabb played well enough to make Anthony Armstrong was our #2 WR when he would’ve been a 4 or 5 on most teams.

I’ve always felt that if they gave McNabb a 2nd year that in 2011 he would’ve had us in the playoffs or 8-8, 9-7 and just out, especially given our D was top 15 that year & he would’ve been better in the offense his 2nd year but we’ll never know. 

I do know that McNabb wouldn’t have had 35 turnovers like Grossman & Beck combined in 2011 which obviously cost us games.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think it was obvious that McNabb was getting old though, he was a big mobile Qb who relied on his size a lot like Cam and like Cam he wasn’t the most accurate guy and he was starting to hit a physical wall bc of all the hits etc as he approached his mid 30s.

I guess I’d also ask, if that’s your opinion, then what went wrong in Washington for McNabb? 

My opinion was always that the Shanahan’s didn’t cater their offense enough to what made McNabb successful under Andy Reid. There’s a reason Kyle Shanahan wanted Rex Grossman & Mark Bulger over McNabb, Kyle & Mike don’t adapt their offense to their talent, they find talent that fits their offense and I don’t think they tried hard enough to accommodate McNabb but on the flip side I don’t think McNAbb tried hard enough to conform into their offense. He wasn’t awful on 2010 given how absent of talent our offense was IMO, I mean McNabb played well enough to make Anthony Armstrong was our #2 WR when he would’ve been a 4 or 5 on most teams.

I’ve always felt that if they gave McNabb a 2nd year that in 2011 he would’ve had us in the playoffs or 8-8, 9-7 and just out, especially given our D was top 15 that year & he would’ve been better in the offense his 2nd year but we’ll never know. 

I do know that McNabb wouldn’t have had 35 turnovers like Grossman & Beck combined in 2011 which obviously cost us games.

Hard to do from my phone right now, but you pretty much nailed it for me, minus an extra tidbit or too about McNabb (learning the offense). 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

McNabb was fat and lazy. TO was right all along. He was also an alcoholic I know it’s a disease but you don’t want your starting qb having these issues.

He was one hell of a fat and lazy alcoholic QB then! TO is a jerk. He forced his way out of Phila bc he wanted more money, he and McNabb could’ve made a lot of history together but TO quit on his team.

If McNabb was so fat and lazy he may have been the most talented QB to ever play in the NFL give the statistics he put up over the decade of the 2000s.

I don’t know how anyone can defend TO on anything other than he was a tremendous hard worker who always gave it his all on the field but, he was a cancer for every locker room he ever played in and always blamed the QB. I believe he even had a rift w/ Steve Young in the late 90s.

Edited by turtle28

On 2/7/2022 at 9:43 PM, daskins said:

This is juicy! I would have to think he wants out. Apparently he wants a new contract and talks haven’t progressed the way he & his team have wanted. If he’s available for trade he might be our top target given his age.

6 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

To me it appears that Kyler Murray is very immature. First thing I thought of when he or had someone erase but 2 photos reminded me of grade school. No one wants to play so he took his ball and went home. 

I think his immaturity was a problem in draft interviews as well and that’s why some teams weren’t sure about him beyond the fact that he’s 5’10 when you measure it from the top of his afro! 😂