Positional Needs Heading into the Offseason

MKnight82

21 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Just read Logan Paulsen said he's the top remaining available F A . Not a fan but have to agree . 

He has talent. He’s lowered his interceptions. Strong arm to throw the deep ball. I believe At this point it’s worth a shot. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Coming off an ACL, not sure of his cost. 
How would you approach the QB situation? 
FA, Draft, Trade?

At this point- I'd go with trying to sign Winston . The question is though . If I like a QB at 11 do I take him or take BPA and keep building the roster .. I'm stuck about that decision . What is your plan ?

Now at this a coinky dink . Look at the picture I found ,, and the TIE ! Fate !

JAMEIS WINSTON

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

At this point- I'd go with trying to sign Winston . The question is though . If I like a QB at 11 do I take him or take BPA and keep building the roster .. I'm stuck about that decision . What is your plan ?

You and I have a similar mind set to the QB issue. 
Seeing my posts you know I like M. Willis. 
Try to sign Winston and at 11 if Willis gets there I would have to pick him. If not select BPA. No trading up. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

You and I are have a similar mind set to the QB issue. 
Seeing my posts you know I like M. Willis. 
Try to sign Winston and at 11 if Willis gets there I would have to pick him. If not select BPA. No trading up. 

Did you see the picture ? I really had a moment when I saw that -too funny .

Just read we're now on to trying to trade for D Carr .. Hope he's a lot less that Russell . 

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Friday the case is being presented for criminal charges so after that they will determine that part. Until that is handled they can’t move forward civilly because civil testification can implicate him criminally so they have to determine if the state will charge him first

I still don’t understand how that’s ever going to work. 

It’s not like the State is precluded from charging him down the road. Just because the grand jury says “no” now — which incidentally is extraordinarily rare and should give some insight at least into the evidence of any actually assaultive behavior — doesn’t mean the State can’t come back and convene a different grand jury if new evidence arises. 

Among that new evidence, surely, would be any testimony Watson gives at deposition or trial in his civil case. If he were to admit to a crime, that would immediately sink his ship on the criminal case. So I’m still not sure how Rusty can ever allow him to give testimony in that civil case, regardless of what the grand jury says this week. I’m sure they’re coaching him up like there’s no tomorrow, but it still seems like too much of a risk to me. I’d have him pleading the 5th like Dave Chappelle. 

plead the fifth dave chappelle GIF

What I would probably do, strategically, if the grand jury comes back with a no bill, is push hard to settle the civil cases immediately. NDAs for everybody, no one ever testifies in court, nothing incriminating or salacious to enrage the mobs or re-open criminal investigations,  you gals get your money, Mr. Watson gets back to business.

Your leverage is probably never going to be higher, if you’re Rusty Hardin, because you just knocked out the momentary risk of jail. But Buzbee still knows that dragging it out long-term will hurt Watson more than it hurts his clients, and Rusty has to know that he can’t really risk going to a highly publicized trial on this. Not with 22 accusers singing roughly the same song, and a client who wants to pursue a highly lucrative life in the public eye. Now would be the time to pull out that checkbook and make some massage therapists very rich ladies. 

I'm more worried about us beating out other teams in value in trading for Watson, than I am at the risk & aftermath of actually getting him.

Snyder and the organization is still under investigation for a similar crime, the team name & unis are a disaster & were 2 QB's away (Watson & Carr) from trotting out Grossman & Beck in wk-1 as starters.

Big Ben, T. Hill, etc. are just the beginning of a list of players who've been involved in such cases. Maybe not to this extreme, but similar nonetheless.

1st, will Watson even want to come here? Doesn't he have the same no-trade clause as Russell Wilson.

And 2, there are teams out there that can easily beat us to the punch if we are not aggressive enough in pursuing Watson.

The Eagles have 3 first Rd picks. They were involved with Wilson as well & were turned down by Watson.

Carolina is rumored to want Watson...

My point is...

If we want Watson, the cost is going to have to rival, if not beat our competitors.

I believe Watson is a top 5 QB in the League. He's only 26. Now he doesn't have Wilson's resume, but he's been nothing short of spectacular in every season he's played.

I personally think it's gonna take a "Hershal Walker trade" to land him.

And if you want to beat the Eagles offer?

It's gonna take 3-firsts just to open up negotiations.

And if we don't land him & the Eagles do?

Then, you can forget about winning the Division for the next decade.

Imo, we don't have to get him!

But we sure as hell can't let the Eagles get him.

He'll, what if the Giants want him?

They got 2 first Rd picks, I believe.

So if Washington wants him, it's gonna take draft picks & players to get him.

Personally...there's only 1 player I would not trade on our team for anybody.

And his name is Terry McLaurin.

But that's just me.

Edited by aceinthehouse

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Now at this a coinky dink . Look at the picture I found ,, and the TIE ! Fate !

JAMEIS WINSTON

He’s coming off a torn ACL, he’s just as inconsistent as Wentz, he’s less athletic & he’s not very mature. I’d rather have Wentz to be honest, I just wish we hadn’t had to trade for Wentz.

18 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If this is true which I believe it is, it really doesn’t matter the compensation Texans get for Watson, since our offer wouldn’t have mattered. 

But don’t you get it? Landon Collins sucks so it’s okay that Saint Rivera did him dirty. 

Also, I found it odd Mayhew admitted they’re letting all of their important free agents test the market to see what offers they get? Maybe I’m crazy and just never realized this is a normal practice but man this seems counterproductive.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Also, I found it odd Mayhew admitted they’re letting all of their important free agents test the market to see what offers they get? Maybe I’m crazy and just never realized this is a normal practice but man this seems counterproductive.

It's not normal. Not normal at all.

Maybe it's normal for THIS front office, but not normal for the rest of us with functioning prefrontal cortexes.