Positional Needs Heading into the Offseason

MKnight82

16 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think we are about to add Ertz to the team, guys. Keep your fingers crossed.

Arizona is wanting to re-sign him, but they only got about 5.4m in cap space.

I’d be nice if next year Wentz & Ertz can have some memorable performances against the Eagles!! I’m just hoping if we sign Ertz that we don’t do so on a huge deal. We still need to sign a starting veteran MLB, re-sign our own FAs, re-sign McCain or upgrade the FS position & sign an upgrade as a 3rd DE, WR & a slot CB type so Fuller can stay outside.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’d be nice if next year Wentz & Ertz can have some memorable performances against the Eagles!! I’m just hoping if we sign Ertz that we don’t do so on a huge deal. We still need to sign a starting veteran MLB, re-sign our own FAs, re-sign McCain or upgrade the FS position & sign an upgrade as a 3rd DE, WR & a slot CB type so Fuller can stay outside.

Welp scratch that off your wish list 

35 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Welp scratch that off your wish list 

Yep & I’ve heard that we aren’t likely going to keep McKissic. If we lose him add that to another need on our list. I get that Gibson could be a 3 down back & receiving back as well but if we lose JD, it’s a major whole to fill. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yep & I’ve heard that we aren’t likely going to keep McKissic. If we lose him add that to another need on our list. I get that Gibson could be a 3 down back & receiving back as well but if we lose JD, it’s a major whole to fill. 

People are just not understanding the impact of this Wentz trade. We're now going to lose a bunch of players they wanted to keep and cannot afford to go into free agency and replace them. Its one of the worst moves this team has done in years. Just god awful and it's having rippling affects. 

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

People are just not understanding the impact of this Wentz trade. We're now going to lose a bunch of players they wanted to keep and cannot afford to go into free agency and replace them. Its one of the worst moves this team has done in years. Just god awful and it's having rippling affects. 

If we lose McKissic it will be because they don't want to match outside offers, or McKissic wants to play elsewhere. It will have nothing to do with Caron Wentz trade.

We have outlined how they can easily free up 30-40 million, and probably will come Wednesday.

I get that you hate the trade, but you really are making more of it than is reality.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MacDog said:

If we lose McKissic it will be because they don't want to match outside offers, or McKissic wants to play elsewhere. It will have nothing to do with Caron Wentz trade.

We have outlined how they can easily free up 30-40 million, and probably will come Wednesday.

I get that you hate the trade, but you really are making more of it than is reality.

No. Its not easily. One of those situations entails basically extending Wentz contract. So no, it's not "easily" when it means having Wentz on the books in 2023 for 15M if he sucks.

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No. Its not easily. One of those situations entails basically extending Wentz contract. So no, it's not "easily" when it means having Wentz on the books in 2023 for 15M if he sucks.

If he sucks it will be bad, no denying that. And Ron will be gone.

Who else was going to start and have a chance to lead us to playoffs for under what we are paying for Wentz?

None of the rookies, that's for sure.

Willis takes us to 3-14 or something and Ron is gone. He is going to take a couple of years.

Maybe you can got 7-10 with Pickett and buy Ron one more season.

Jimmy G will cost as much.

Marriobisky? I don't know man...

Watson wasn't coming here imo, and I wouldn't want him. I doubt Ron would either. For the obvious reason that has nothing to do with his talent.

Either the money was going to be spent on a QB or we were going to be stuck trotting out Taylor again.

Edited by MacDog

2 minutes ago, MacDog said:

If he sucks it will be bad, no denying that. And Ron will be gone.

Who else was going to start and have a chance to lead us to playoffs for under what we are paying for Wentz?

None of the rookies, that's for sure.

Willis takes us to 3-14 or something and Ron is gone. He is going to take a couple of years.

Maybe you can got 7-9 with Pickett and buy Ron one more season.

My issue is this. Wentz has struggle for years now. It hasn't been one or two seasons but he's basically been mediocre since his injury in 2017. I don't see how he changes our fortunes? So say they take Howell, Pickett, Willis or Corral and maybe we don't make the playoffs but the signs are there that they found the guy then we're really on to something. As it stands now, we basically need Wentz to be a guy that he hasn't been in 5 years. It makes no sense to me to go this route. I just don't see it working out.

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

But it is. It truly is. It's easily done, with minimal ramifications on the cap compared to other scenarios. 

59 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

But it is. It truly is. It's easily done, with minimal ramifications on the cap compared to other scenarios. 

How does it have minimal ramifications? If it doesn’t work out he’d count approximately $15M towards the cap next year to not be on the team, correct? That’s opposed to absolutely nothing. Mind you, you’re better with cap implications than I am so I’ll take your word for it but zero against the cap is much better than $15M if he bombs. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

How does it have minimal ramifications? If it doesn’t work out he’d count approximately $15M towards the cap next year to not be on the team, correct? That’s opposed to absolutely nothing. Mind you, you’re better with cap implications than I am so I’ll take your word for it but zero against the cap is much better than $15M if he bombs. 

I feel like it's been explained ad nauseum. See plenty of @Thaiphoon's messages. I'm not stressing over $13ish million* added to future years.

*edit

• Like 1