Week 17- Giants @ Bears- 🤮

beardown3231

Would be great if Fields and Jenkins were 100% for this game as those are the guys who just need reps against a poor team like this...if they aren't fit though then this is a pretty boring prospect...if they aren't fit for this game shut them down for the season because the Vikes should beat us easily.

28 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Would be great if Fields and Jenkins were 100% for this game as those are the guys who just need reps against a poor team like this...if they aren't fit though then this is a pretty boring prospect...if they aren't fit for this game shut them down for the season because the Vikes should beat us easily.

Vikes barely beat us a couple weeks ago, and that’s with us doing a dog crap job in the redzone. Minnesota is not a good team

32 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Nagy denies that Fields is being shut down but then he said he has to be 100% to play. Are any of these guys EVER 100%? That seems like a good excuse to keep him out, which like you said makes this a pretty boring game to watch

Bears 23-16

6 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Vikes barely beat us a couple weeks ago, and that’s with us doing a dog crap job in the redzone. Minnesota is not a good team

We were never really in the game and always at arms length...the Vikes have have way more in reserve than us...I do agree they aren't very goo though hahaha

I might watch the game just for something to do.  I'm not expecting much.  I predict DB Graham gets his first INT.  Bears 20-14

Graham has 4 PBUs in 2 games and is ties for 2nd on the team.  JJ has 9.  Vildor also has 4 but it took him 9 games to get that.  Graham gets 2 more. 

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Biggs believes Dalton will be the starter on Sunday. One of the more underrated things I heard about Fields coming out is due to his diet and potential lack of protein, he is susceptible to slow body recovery. This is 4 games he will now have missed in, what, 13 weeks? 

I don't think Fields is short on protein intake...might not be the best form in term of animal protein but he clearly has the muscle mass to help recover from injury...the ankle injury is clearly not 100% but if we were trying to get into the playoffs I reckon he would be able to play.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think Fields is short on protein intake...might not be the best form in term of animal protein but he clearly has the muscle mass to help recover from injury...the ankle injury is clearly not 100% but if we were trying to get into the playoffs I reckon he would be able to play.

I have a buddy who works in college football. By all accounts Fields is a great kid with a great work ethic and clearly all of the tools to succeed. He texted me after the Bears drafted him and said all of that but added "only concern is his diet and recovery week to week." I hope I'm wrong obviously but this season hasn't been the greatest for his body. Maybe not-crap on the OL could help moving forward as well

8 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I’m with you here MM. Dollars to donuts, if this game mattered he’d be out there. Nagy may even have been told by those above him that he doesn’t play unless he’s 100% at this point. We need him 100% for the offseason far more than we need him playing in a meaningless game in the snow tomorrow on an ankle that might be anything less than fully healthy. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m with you here MM. Dollars to donuts, if this game mattered he’d be out there. Nagy may even have been told by those above him that he doesn’t play unless he’s 100% at this point. We need him 100% for the offseason far more than we need him playing in a meaningless game in the snow tomorrow on an ankle that might be anything less than fully healthy. 

I think the weather factor is a great point...why put him out there in snow when we don't have too.

13 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

No use risking things. Just shut him down, put Dalton or Foles out there. 

32 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

Legit, is there ANY reason to even watch this game tomorrow?

Other than for my love for the Bears and football in general I’m basically gonna be watching to see if Graham looks good (if they actually play him 😒) and to see how Borom and Jenkins look. 

• Like 1