Week 18 Covid list discussion

ET80

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

@ET80 if this belongs in a Week 18 Covid-19 news thread, no worries with moving it there.

Even though there's enough time to get activated, they'll have had no practice, and as we've seen with a bunch of guys - their conditioning is way below normal.    With Burrow's knee injury late, and a known outcome from the KC-DEN game on Saturday that would make it a get-out-of-4-seed only if BUF/TEN lost their games, I expect the Bengals will decide to sit Burrow and let their Covid & banged up starters (Logan Wilson, the T's and Spain, likely Bell and whoever else is hurting / needs a bye week) to sit out the CLE game.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2022 at 4:51 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Rather it be this week in a meaningless positional game for the Eagles then next and the WC. But damn Washington! 

On Monday afternoon, the Eagles placed the following 12 players on the Reserve/COVID-19 list.

• LB Genard Avery

• DT Fletcher Cox

• S Marcus Epps

• TE Dallas Goedert

• G Nate Herbig

• RB Jordan Howard

• C Jason Kelce

• CB Avonte Maddox

• S Rodney McLeod

• RB Boston Scott

• LB Alex Singleton

• TE Jack Stoll

41 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Dear COVID,

You made your point. Can you please back off a little and let us enjoy the playoffs ?
We could all could use a break right about now. Thx

Signed,

Everybody

Nope! I have ZERO DOUBT a major game altering W/L type situation will occur throughout these playoffs at some point. It is the main reason the NFL changed their policy last week. In hopes that when a.... Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes,  Dak,  Allen, ect get covid. That teams playoffs aren't essentially over!! There's at least a "possibility" of them playing.

If anything as a fan you should of hoped by now your major stars tested positive the past 2 weeks. Basically clearing them for the next months worth of games.

Eagles had 12 players who tested positive Monday. All have an "opportunity" to play Saturday.  Can you imagine if this was next week, without that policy change? Might as well forfiet the WC matchup. 

It's coming unfortunately for the Legit SB contenders in the next month, watch.

Edited by Nabbs4u

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Nope! I have ZERO DOUBT a major game altering W/L type situation will occur throughout these playoffs at some point. It is the main reason the NFL changed their policy last week. In hopes that when a.... Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes,  Dak,  Allen, ect get covid. That teams playoffs aren't essentially over!! There's at least a "possibility" of them playing.

If anything as a fan you should of hoped by now your major stars tested positive the past 2 weeks. Basically clearing them for the next months worth of games.

Eagles had 12 players who tested positive Monday. All have an "opportunity" to play Saturday.  Can you imagine if this was next week, without that policy change? Might as well forfiet the WC matchup. 

It's coming unfortunately for the Legit SB contenders in the next month, watch.

Agree on a star player being out changing a playoff game.  Something else that happens is a position group gets wiped out.  Losing a high number of starters + backups will change things 

CIN is clearly going through their wave now - fortunate timing IMO, to get it out of way well ahead of Week 1 playoffs.  I would be shocked to see them rush anyone back, they could sit everyone for a bye and take the 4 seed, they'll already know if KC wins Sat (and removes any bye consideration), and the odds TEN / BUF lose are so small, not worth the risk especially with a decimated OL. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

CIN is clearly going through their wave now - fortunate timing IMO, to get it out of way well ahead of Week 1 playoffs.  I would be shocked to see them rush anyone back, they could sit everyone for a bye and take the 4 seed, they'll already know if KC wins Sat (and removes any bye consideration), and the odds TEN / BUF lose are so small, not worth the risk especially with a decimated OL. 

They unfortunately partied too hard after the Chiefs game 😆.

8 minutes ago, Xenos said:

They unfortunately partied too hard after the Chiefs game 😆.

I would argue given they get cleared b4 playoffs they didn’t party hard enough since Burrow / Chase / Higgins still at risk. 😄

(Obv I kid somewhat and hope no one gets sick - but if they’re vaxxed and healthy this is the likely outcome of mild to asymptomatic, so it ironically actually protects the playoff teams to have it now than later)  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Of course the Bengals get decimated when the Browns are eliminated and I want them to lose so they can get a better draft pick. Boooooo

I’m surprised there aren’t more conspiracy theories that COVID was created by someone who really hates BAL & CLE.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I’m surprised there aren’t more conspiracy theories that COVID was created by someone who really hates BAL & CLE.  

No, the amended rules to benefit the opponents of the Browns and Ravens while punishing the Browns and Ravens are what was created. I blame the CDC personally.

(This is a joke btw, but also an absolute byproduct)

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

And the Cowboys likely get to rest their star player before next week's playoffs.   Not ruled out definitely, but again little reason to rush him back.

Yeah I’d let him rest. I’d much rather have him at 100% for the playoffs.