BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

A shy lass were you?

I think I popped on to do GM mock and then there weren’t any to sign up for and bounced. Then a couple years later I came back and actually did it. I spent like 2 or 3 years just in the offseason doing GM mocks before I ventured to any other forum 

25 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think I popped on to do GM mock and then there weren’t any to sign up for and bounced. Then a couple years later I came back and actually did it. I spent like 2 or 3 years just in the offseason doing GM mocks before I ventured to any other forum 

And how long before you realized here and GM Mocks were the only 2 places worth visiting?

1 hour ago, RedGold said:

Noice,   2006-2007 for me. 

I was actually on here sometime around 2007-2008 and participated in the FFMD for the Chiefs as like a LB scout or something for a couple of years. That is, I think one of the main reasons we moved here from WF.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RedGold said:

Who all didn’t come from wf in this league?  

So my road here is definitely more off the beaten path.

I started really chatting on CBS. Couldn’t tell you the year, but certainly 2007 or earlier. And it was pretty deep in members and content. They started getting a ton of glitches and as some may remember they decided to quietly shut their chat forum down without warning anyone.

Luckily some of the people I was closest with had found our way to another site together just a few weeks before that rude surprise.

I dabbled on WF, but I’m not too sure some of you remember how annoying that group could be. That was around the arrival of PFF and as I recall it, guys would alternate between ripping your picks because PFF hated the player, and ripping you for going “pure PFF” if you took a player high in their rankings. Mixed in around, in my opinion, far too many betting references. Also, at the time you had a waiting list for anyone new to join anything. So it was a tough atmosphere to feel welcomed into. I was probably a little more sensitive still back in those days too. So I didn’t hang around that long. 

I also dabbled here many years before my return last year. But at the time it was more of a secondary visit for me as myself and my buddy who should be making his first post any second were collaboratively running mock drafts on another site and had a decent group built up there. But I’m glad to have found my way back. Almost funny how I was bored one day and it just popped into my head, I wonder what’s going on at FF these days…lol

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I was actually on here sometime around 2007-2008 and participated in the FFMD for the Chiefs as like a LB scout or something for a couple of years. That is, I think one of the main reasons we moved here from WF.

Chiefs forum used to be awesome and decently respected.   That has changed dramatically over the years, and I follow suit with the change lol