BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 hour ago, Blue said:

it's been a week and nobody put in a bid on Jarran Reed that entire time before I did so immediately there are two bids up on him, what the **** is wrong with you people

I have an 11 month old who is in the middle of a sleep regression, teething episode, and growth spurt at the same time so am doing well to remember my own name right now.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I have an 11 month old who is in the middle of a sleep regression, teething episode, and growth spurt at the same time so am doing well to remember my own name right now.

True story:

One night I was up trying to feed our middle kid and she wouldn’t take her bottle, continued to cry after changing her diaper, pajamas, cried when I held her, cried when I put her down…just wouldn’t stop crying and I was unbelievably sleep deprived after MONTHS of this.

So, I was so unbelievably frustrated that I calmly set her down in her bouncer so as not to inadvertently take my frustration out, and just sighed and gathered myself for about a 2 minute block.

My wife came out in her robe after waking up and said “Hey honey what’s going on?”. I calmly explained to her that I just needed to gather myself and calm down before trying to soothe her again. She gently proceeded to tell me that it had been at least an hour.

Somehow I was so sleep deprived that I think I either fell asleep with my eyes open sitting upright beside her or was in a complete trance.

Weird stuff man, hang in there it gets better.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

True story:

One night I was up trying to feed our middle kid and she wouldn’t take her bottle, continued to cry after changing her diaper, pajamas, cried when I held her, cried when I put her down…just wouldn’t stop crying and I was unbelievably sleep deprived after MONTHS of this.

So, I was so unbelievably frustrated that I calmly set her down in her bouncer so as not to inadvertently take my frustration out, and just sighed and gathered myself for about a 2 minute block.

My wife came out in her robe after waking up and said “Hey honey what’s going on?”. I calmly explained to her that I just needed to gather myself and calm down before trying to soothe her again. She gently proceeded to tell me that it had been at least an hour.

Somehow I was so sleep deprived that I think I either fell asleep with my eyes open sitting upright beside her or was in a complete trance.

This is where you went wrong. Once you feed them, they never leave 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

8 player 2 quarterback league for me.

QB: Allen, Lantz, Mac attack

RB: JT, Jones, Patterson, Dobbins, Pollard

WR: Hill, Evans, Johnson, London

TE: Schultz

K: McPherson

Def: Buffalo

8 player league? Blasphemy 

6 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

okay, but besides that

also, how is bold any different from your bachelor days of drunken debauchery

6 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I was hoping one of Reed or McCourty made it to waivers. Guess not.

On the one hand: totally understand upping a bid on a guy you were thinking of claiming on waivers. On the other hand: exactly why I'm not waiting until waivers to get the players I want. It's the same price and you're not risking someone ahead of you in the waiver order (i.e., me) getting them instead. Either way, know that you weren't getting Reed whether he made it to waivers or not, you're just costing me an extra $100 to have him. Just my opinion, ymmv.

35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

8 player 2 quarterback league for me.

QB: Allen, Lantz, Mac attack

Bold move starting Kyle Allen, let's see how that works out for you

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jlash said:

CB Stephon Gilmore 5000

The manliest bid in Shark Tank this offseason by far.

4 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Greenland Stephon Gilmore - $5250

And immediately surpassed in manliness by Pickle, of all people.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

The manliest bid in Shark Tank this offseason by far.

And immediately surpassed in manliness by Pickle, of all people.

Heyyyyyy but I did a manly bid again this morning. Likely getting outmanlied again but I'm trying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

True story:

I've had a couple moments where I was on pure autopilot.

44 minutes ago, Blue said:

okay, but besides that

also, how is bold any different from your bachelor days of drunken debauchery

I dont get to sleep when I want to.  And thats a very big difference.

23 minutes ago, Blue said:

Also, happy birthday to @Ragnarok!

Thank you!

• Like 2