BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Putting Josh Allen, whose career QB rating is 14 points below that of Patrick Mahomes, ahead of five Super Bowl champions and the last QB to rep the AFC in the Super Bowl (which Allen has never played in) is certainly a choice.

As far as the tight end rankings go, which player would you rather have over the past two years?

Player A: 33 games played, 141 catches, 1423 yards, 12 touchdowns
Player B: 28 games played, 128 catches, 1306 yards, 10 touchdowns

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I rarely post yahoo articles but this debate is worth a few minute read:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/quiet-quitting-are-workers-taking-advantage-or-taking-control-154103038.html

@Blue @rackcs @Scoundrel @EaglesPeteC I thought you guys would especially be interested in this as educators, as well as @bcb1213 as a former one and @Ragnarok and @Jlash I know you dudes go through waves of ridiculous work loads too. Apologies to anyone I left out as it’s not intentional.

I got burnt out about 3 years ago. Tried for a change when the supervisors spot opened up in my Dept and thought I had a good shot at it since I had been with the program for 6 years then and from the beginning so I know all the people involved. But I am a white male so had no chance at it. The person they did hire has since gotten a promotion already to manager even though they weren't that great a supervisor and they just aren't going to fill the old supervisors position anymore.

At this point I am counting time til October to become fully vested in my pension. The workflow is slow now but if it ever kicks back up to what it was like 3 years ago I will likely be looking for something different. 

• Like 1

These are purely based on Average Offensive Rank@

1. Camden (3.6 avg)

2. Flint (5.0 avg)

3. Anchorage (5.2 avg)

4. Raleigh (6.8 avg)

5. Cuba (7.8 avg)

6. ICBR (7.8 avg)

7. Cancun (8.2 avg)

8. Seoul (8.2)

9. Berlin (8.6 avg)

10. Hungary (8.6 avg)

11. Rome (9.2 avg)

12. Gotham (9.4 avg)

13. Death Valley (10.0 avg)

14. Greenland (11.2 avg)

15  Singapore (12.4 avg)

16. Lancaster (14 avg)

I calculated the averages in alphabetical order so even though there are teams with the same average the difference in ranking is simply based on where you were in the order of calcuation.

Edited by wwhickok

Just now, RedGold said:

I’m not 100% sure I can field a defense without rookies 

I'm not sure you can either. I don't even know because I haven't gotten that deep into it I would assume teams such as yours that have an overwhelming amount of rookies on it are going to be lower ranked because there is just not a huge present of veterans

I know usually every year I don't include the rookies but I don't like to assume how good a rookie is going to be and then rank somebody based on that assumption. It's already guesswork and opinions as it is so it's kind of weird to me and almost inappropriate so to speak for me to attempt to apply  a quality of the skill to a player that has not played in the NFL yet

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 3

Just now, RedGold said:

I’m not 100% sure I can field a defense without rookies 

I could but we're not going to because at least two of our rookies are early DROY candidates.

I'm fine with where Cancun is rated on offense and where we will probably be in the defensive rankings because so many of our key contributors are first or second year players. We have at least five players on offense who will either start or play significant snaps going into their 1st or 2nd pro season. We could have a similar number of starters on defense by the end of the season who are 1st or 2nd year players.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Blue said:

Putting Josh Allen, whose career QB rating is 14 points below that of Patrick Mahomes, ahead of five Super Bowl champions and the last QB to rep the AFC in the Super Bowl (which Allen has never played in) is certainly a choice.

As far as the tight end rankings go, which player would you rather have over the past two years?

Player A: 33 games played, 141 catches, 1423 yards, 12 touchdowns
Player B: 28 games played, 128 catches, 1306 yards, 10 touchdowns

To be fair tighten with the position I think I struggled most with. Really wasn't sure where to rank some of the middle of the pack guys

• Like 1