BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Since @Scoundrel asked me to do a "World Leader" list for everyone, I will see what I can do.

@rackcs is the easiest. He is William Jennings Bryan. The failed 4 time Presidential Candidate will become the poster child for populism while simultaneously having his staunchest supporters pretend like the Scopes Monkey Trial didn't take place, much like Rack and being the poster child for defensive dominance while ignoring his offense almost altogether, yet having some surprise/lasting success.

@Blue is Che Guevara, the Argentine Marxist Revolutionary. He's extremely intelligent and the true symbol for rebllion,  and he has delusions of grandeur is a man of the people. This unique countercultural symbol has no problem speaking his mind, being passionate about everything, and no problem going against the grain for whatever he believes in.

This is fantastic 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

@ny92mike  about half the players on rosters have gone missing.  Are you able to fix this?   Awful timing for it on trade deadline day

38 minutes ago, rackcs said:

It looks like it's all of the players who had 1 year left on their deals who disappeared. At least that's what it looks like from my roster. All of my remaining players also have one less year remaining than they should. So I think it could have something to do with that.

31 minutes ago, Jlash said:

...you guys aren't looking at 2023 tab are you?

It automatically switched to 2023 for me when I just pulled it up. Look under your available cap and there should be a new drop-down menu showing Contract Year with 2022 or or 2023 next to it.

• Like 2

@Scoundrel is Fidel Castro. Fidel initially rose to power in Cuba and charmed his way into the hearts of Americans, promising to overthrow the oppressive status quo. Once he overthrew that oppressive regime, he then turned heel, hoarding wealth and instilling fear into all opponents, amassing over $1.15 Billion at the height of his power, until the United States cut all ties with a TRADE EMBARGO...much like how Scoundrel rose to power in BDL with support from the league, amassed talent and draft capital, until a few BDL heroes rose to the occasion to enact a trade embargo.

Donald Trump GIF by NowThis

• Like 3

I'd have to look to see who changed them all to 2023, but you all have the ability to change that cell ref.

The best way to do it is to have all of your email addresses so that each sheet can have select member permissions or we just remove that addition of being able to look at future team rosters.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

It automatically switched to 2023 for me when I just pulled it up. Look under your available cap and there should be a new drop-down menu showing Contract Year with 2022 or or 2023 next to it.

Got it now. It wasn't showing up as a drop-down option for me. I refreshed the page and then it appeared as a drop-down option. Thanks for the help. It truly was a boomer solution, I just had to refresh the page.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@Scoundrel is Fidel Castro. Fidel initially rose to power in Cuba and charmed his way into the hearts of Americans, promising to overthrow the oppressive status quo. Once he overthrew that oppressive regime, he then turned heel, hoarding wealth and instilling fear into all opponents, amassing over $1.15 Billion at the height of his power, until the United States cut all ties with a TRADE EMBARGO...much like how Scoundrel rose to power in BDL with support from the league, amassed talent and draft capital, until a few BDL heroes rose to the occasion to enact a trade embargo.

Donald Trump GIF by NowThis

That Embargo is happening right this minute!!!! But at least I got Horn right before it.

Fidel Castro Cuba GIF

@Ragnarok is Barack Obama Vladimir Putin. While starting off life as a lawyer, he decided to use his powers for evil, moving a team to Berlin and trying to use Militarism and Imperialistic expansion to justify a hostile takeover of the league. While initially having a lot of support from the world (and BDL), overestimating his own strength and not accounting for areas of weakness turned this once lovable hero into a questionable authoritarian rival.

• Like 4

@RuskieTitan is Vladimir Lenin. You may question his politics and methods, but you cannot question results and passion. As his chase for the most dominant defensive line/Front 7 indicates, "No revolution is worth anything unless it can defend itself."

While hated by some people in some places, Lenin outside of the U.S. is a disgusting commy, as is Ruskie as the hated troll in the college football forum.

But in BDL, much like Mother Russia, Ruskie/Lenin are beloved staples held in high regard.

• Like 3

@Jlash is George Washington. This stoic and yet feisty competitor is the gold standard for encouraging discussion, keeping the league on track, and winning at all costs, even if it means crossing a frozen river to kill you while drunk or hungover, in your sleep, on Christmas. Don't underestimate him or take his friendly banter for weakness, or he will make you pay.

• Like 2

@wwhickok is Napoleon Bonaparte. Bent on a desire for BDL/World domination, WW will win at all costs, refuse to see failure as an option, even if it means a land war with Asia in winter or buying big to go all in to try to win an elusive title. Despite his mindset, those who know him will go to bat for him and opponents will also revel in defeating him, if they're lucky enough to do so.

• Like 4