BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

So for the people that are sending Me a game plans, I have sent my I've sent myself messages to build the format  of the posts I have to make already so as you send them I'm copying what you've sent Into those messages ive sent myself. If you make changes before 1pm  to what youd previously please send me a message and let me know that so that I know to recopy and paste your information into the messages I have prebuilt.

@bcb1213 @SirA1 @MD4L @EaglesPeteC @RedGold @Whicker @Jlash @Scoundrel

Edited by wwhickok

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So for the people that are sending Me a game plans, I have sent my I've sent myself messages to build the format  of the posts I have to make already so as you send them I'm copying what you've sent Into those messages ive sent myself. If you make changes before 1pm  to what youd previously please send me a message and let me know that so that I know to recopy and paste your information into the messages I have prebuilt.

@bcb1213 @SirA1 @MD4L @EaglesPeteC @RedGold @Whicker @Jlash @Scoundrel

I send my lineup first and then the gameplan. Both are now in.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Do we really believe Tennessee will be left out? They’re your fourth team if they win out. 

Georgia

OSU/UM

TCU

Tennessee

USC has not beaten anyone this year. Yes they have a dramatic close loss. They do play UCLA/Notre Dame yet. 

Oregon got absolutely housed and the CFP has held that against teams in the past.

To be honest, the CFP should even take the loser of the OSU/UM game as the fourth team when TCU loses, but they won’t.

The blowout win vs LSU now looks great. I don’t believe the committee leaves them out if TCU loses. 

Tennessee absolutely, without a single question  whatsoever, gets left out if those top 3 teams all win out and any one of the current top 3 in the Pac-12 wins out.

I hear you on USC not having beaten anyone of note yet. But like bcb said, they have as tough a 3-game stretch to end the season as anybody in the country.

The committee rewards teams that play for their conference championship. A loss early in the season, no matter how brutal, simply doesn't count as much as a later loss. The committee will absolutely knock Tennessee more for a two-touchdown spanking in Week 8 more than Oregon losing by 46 in Week 1 traveling cross-country with a brand-new quarterback and head coach because Oregon is playing better now. Literally the only point in Tennessee's favor is strength of loss against a common opponent, and Oregon has a bunch of factors in their favor.

Again, I think this is ultimately a moot point because Oregon will probably lose to either Utah or USC/UCLA in the title game. But if any of those top 3 in the Pac-12 win out, they're in the playoff, point blank, because the committee values conference titles and that will be the tiebreaker over Tennessee. Sucks for Tennessee, this is why we should have a larger field for the playoffs, but that's how it is.

Personally, I think y'all are so scarred from years of talking heads trying to figure out ways to get a 2-loss SEC team in that you think that's how the committee thinks, too. There's no indication they have ever seriously considered a one-loss team that didn't play for their conference title over one that did. If they put Tennessee in over a one-loss conference champ, it's far more likely to be TCU (if they lose at all) since the Big 12 is awful this year.

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

Personally, I think y'all are so scarred from years of talking heads trying to figure out ways to get a 2-loss SEC team in that you think that's how the committee thinks, too. There's no indication they have ever seriously considered a one-loss team that didn't play for their conference title over one that did. If they put Tennessee in over a one-loss conference champ, it's far more likely to be TCU (if they lose at all) since the Big 12 is awful this year.

It'll be be interesting if it comes down to one loss Clemson tcu or Tennessee for sure 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You know what's a fun game?  When you, your fiancee, and your one year old all get covid at the same time.

Definitely recommend it.

Hope you're all doing okay and it's a fairly mild case for all of you

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Hope you're all doing okay and it's a fairly mild case for all of you

We took Mara to the Vandy clinic yesterday cause her heartrate wouldn't go below 180 beats per minute and she had a temperature between 101.8 and 103.1 for 12+ hours.  She has a full gamet of symptoms, but has way more energy today.

MN and I are on the struggle bus, but the worst part is that Mara can't get comfortable enough to sleep for more than 90 minutes, so we are exhausted and sick.

• Like 1