BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

12 minutes ago, rackcs said:

A steep price on the move up but Williams is worth it. Can't believe he was the 6th receiver off the board. I think it's very likely he's the first WR off the board in the real draft. 

Yeah gave up 20 points over pick 16 value but pre injury was 10 on my board. Risk but more looking at the future there.

Round 1 picks for Seoul.   Had McDuffie and Hill tagged as top guys at both spots,  aside from the unlikelihood 4 players dropped.

McDuffie is just solid all around. Some might peg him as just a slot guy, but totally disagree.  He might struggle against bonafide #1 WR’s but his technique will let him play up in size.  Happy to have him as my 1st BDL 1st round pick.

Hill - Maybe a slight reach, but I had him as a top 20 guy. Hopefully his drafting team will let him develop him one role.   I view him in a Minkah role where he mainly sits high, but can drop down against TE’s in certain situations. 

Edited by RedGold
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Blue said:

1.10 - Berlin:  Drake London / WR / USC

Yikes. Look, there's stuff to like about London. He's got a big frame and does a great job at coming down with contested balls, and I felt bad for him that he had Kedon Slovis at quarterback. But the red flags really pile up: he only really produced for one season. He didn't even finish that whole season because of an ankle injury, and then he tweaked a hamstring, so now you worry about his ability to stay healthy. You already had worries about his speed, how is the ankle injury going to affect that and is he going to stay healthy when his game is based on winning against contact? Then he never worked out before the draft, and there's a long and ugly history of guys who didn't work out prior to the draft not panning out (except for the Steelers!). I felt his route tree is pretty limited and had some drop issues. I have him right outside the top-50 players and WR10, which may speak more to the strength of this receiver class and my personal preferences at receiver.

1.16 - Berlin: Garrett Wilson / WR / Ohio State

I have Wilson as a late 1st/early 2nd round pick IRL on my board, but that's a lot higher than Drake London. In my opinion, what both Wilson and London do really well, which Berlin's current receivers struggle with, is high-pointing the ball, which I'm sure Berlin's rookie QB will appreciate. Wilson is more of a technician than most of the other receivers in the class and I tend to value those guys less than the athletic or flashy receivers, so he could really outplay my expectations and I expect he produces as a rookie. The question is his ceiling, which I think is relatively low.

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

1.10 (Berlin) - Drake London, WR, USC

A, it was pretty clear for quite some time now that London was very high on Berlins radar. They get a solid pass catcher here as they continue to rebuild their offense.

1.16 (Berlin) Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State

A, The moment Seoul passed on Wilson, this was a forgone conclusion. Imo, they got a steal here. Mind you the WR room in Berlin is starting to get crowded, I'm not sure where else they could've gone here that would have made more sense. 

I ran about 80 top 9 mocks and figured 3 edge, Hamilton, 2 CBs, 2 OTs, and Davis would be gone. 

So I knew I'd have my choice of WR.  Drake is my #1 WR.  The size, feet, hands, quickness, YAC, there's a lot to work with.  He had one injury and moved great on the Pro day.  He does need route running refinement, but very few WRs don't.  This past year was his first focusing solely on football.  Mike Evans ceiling and N'Keal Harry floor.

I was eyeing Dax Hill, Karlaftis, and McDuffie for 16 in order.  After moving Byron, I needed another NB and I'm a big Karlaftis fan.  I never imagined Garrett would fall there as he was my #2 WR.  And its not like my WR room is so settled he wasnt worth the add.

All that said, last time I took two WRs this high, it was Justin Hunter and Cordarrelle Patterson.  And the WR who went right around them?  Deandre Hopkins.  So congrats @Jlash.

• Like 2