BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1.11 Jermaine Johnson EDGE FSU

JJ was my #6 player on my board. I love the traits and production last year. Getting him at 11 was the ideal scenario. He is slotted in to start next to Hunter. Hoping for a great landing spot.

3.12- Quay Walker LB Georgia 

LB is another huge need. Walker is my #3 LB and has a great blend of size and speed. He has had some end of round 1 buzz. Also slotted in to start at LB next to Leonard 

5.4- Cameron Thomas EDGE SDST

I think Cam Thomas goes round 2 all day long. He is a really good all around EDGE with inside out versatility. I think he’ll be a really valuable rotation player. Hoping he gets a good landing spot 

6.6 David Bell WR Purdue

Much is being made of Bell’s athletic testing, but turn on the tape. The guy is good. He is a technician with good size and gets open. I think he goes in the 4th and just solidly produces. Mockdraftable gives him athletic comp closest to Robert Woods. Hopefully the nfl agrees with me. I’ll be holding my breath come draft weekend.

7.13 Justyn Ross WR Clemson

i was set to take someone else but I just really like Ross. He was so good before his injury. Go big or go home. If I set this pick on fire, oh well. 

• Like 2

It’s always fun when your wife “wants to share a bag” and then her shampoo/conditioner leaks everywhere but only all over your clothes and then denies the flowery smell on said clothes and says “no my stuff was in a bag” and then gets mad at you for being irritated and somewhat level headed. It’s unbelievable. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It’s always fun when your wife “wants to share a bag” and then her shampoo/conditioner leaks everywhere but only all over your clothes and then denies the flowery smell on said clothes and says “no my stuff was in a bag” and then gets mad at you for being irritated and somewhat level headed. It’s unbelievable. 

I got in trouble for doing dishes and laundry a few days back.

And I did them right.

• Like 2

Death Valley Draft Class Logic

2.7 - WR Jahan Dotson, Penn State

The biggest draw to him for me is his hands. He catches nearly everything. He isnt/wasn't the most elite prospect in this draft but he can absolutely develop into a very strong #1 WR imo. He is also a guy that can move into the slot. There's definitely room for improvement but I feel like this is a pick I definitely got right. 

2.10 - RB Breece Hall, Iowa State

Obviously I needed to get a running back that could compliment Henry. Breece Hall, for me was the perfect guy. His ability as a runner, receiver, it fits what I lost in Kamara. 

4.15 - LB Leo Chanel, Wisconsin

Chanel has the potential of a 3 down LB with more coverage development but will initially fill a thumper LB role which my team had previously lacked. Instant improvement of my run defense.

5.2 - QB Desmond Ridder, Cincinnati

Why not? As a 3rd round pick (irl) I feel like this was a steal. I don't know what I'll get out of him long term, but as another QBOTF option I could not say no here. 

5.10 - WR Jalen Tolbert, South Alabama

Really Like Tolbert as a prospect, drafted him as a future #2 WR, but initial depth WR in a Corps that was previously lacking.

7.4 - WR, Kevin Austin, Notre Dame

Deep threat potential simply put. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Death Valley Draft Class Logic

2.7 - WR Jahan Dotson, Penn State

The biggest draw to him for me is his hands. He catches nearly everything. He isnt/wasn't the most elite prospect in this draft but he can absolutely develop into a very strong #1 WR imo. He is also a guy that can move into the slot. There's definitely room for improvement but I feel like this is a pick I definitely got right. 

2.10 - RB Breece Hall, Iowa State

Obviously I needed to get a running back that could compliment Henry. Breece Hall, for me was the perfect guy. His ability as a runner, receiver, it fits what I lost in Kamara. 

4.15 - LB Leo Chanel, Wisconsin

Chanel has the potential of a 3 down LB with more coverage development but will initially fill a thumper LB role which my team had previously lacked. Instant improvement of my run defense.

5.2 - QB Desmond Ridder, Cincinnati

Why not? As a 3rd round pick (irl) I feel like this was a steal. I don't know what I'll get out of him long term, but as another QBOTF option I could not say no here. 

5.10 - WR Jalen Tolbert, South Alabama

Really Like Tolbert as a prospect, drafted him as a future #2 WR, but initial depth WR in a Corps that was previously lacking.

7.4 - WR, Kevin Austin, Notre Dame

Deep threat potential simply put. 

You got Hall and Ridder right before me. Bummed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Is this what marriage is all about?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Is this what marriage is all about?

Don’t get me wrong my wife is amazing, but man this one is comical. She apologized that somehow my clothes were wet and smelled like her conditioner despite her putting her hair products in a bag and she’s not sure how this happened. In her defense, this is the equivalent of when I apologize that she’s upset, which is absolutely a fake apology because at no point do I acknowledge anything I did was wrong when I do that.

• Like 3