Charles Leno signs contract extension with WFT, 3 years $37.5M

Slappy Mc

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

probably his last deal in the league. PFF seems to think he's played well this year. I guess.

He has. The Washington OL if completely healthy would be a really good line. Think Leno was the only one to stay completely healthy, but I could be wrong.

Just turned 30 and was a 7th round pick, so pretty cool to see a guy like that get a nice deal after putting in the work. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Good for him.

Interestingly, I think Bobby Massie has played decent Football this year for the Broncos; he's certainly been very good value for a 1 year, $2m deal. 

Guess that makes two Tackles that have done well after leaving Chicago.

I'm on the fence whether I want Pace to stay or go - I think I want him to stay, but in a different role, but whatever, different topic. But he did mess this one up in 2021, howeverrrrrrr if Teven Jenkins and Larry Borom are good (Jenkins played well his first start, ignore the mountain of penalties on prime time) then the Bears' tackles are locked up for years. Please. I hope. That would be nice.

Also damn good for Leno, always liked him, such a good person and saw recently that he's continued doing really good things in the community in Washington as well as Chicago. 

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He has. The Washington OL if completely healthy would be a really good line. Think Leno was the only one to stay completely healthy, but I could be wrong.

Just turned 30 and was a 7th round pick, so pretty cool to see a guy like that get a nice deal after putting in the work. 

You’re correct. Scherff missed games, Rhouillier got badly hurt, Cosmi missed a lot of the season. It was pretty banged up. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Isn’t this the guy that was sworn up and down as a bottom 10 tackle?

Just from reading some stuff during the season I know people were saying he's been pretty competent this year (except maybe on that Fitzpatrick injury), but the bears offensive line is / was an abomination and they just flat out cut him. He always seemed the sort that was kind of meh but you could do much worse

31 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Sometimes a guy just needs a change of scenery. Same thing happened with Ereck Flowers. For whatever reason they’ve both been really good for us. Happy with this move. 

He wasn't bad in Chicago. I don't know why some Bears fans were swearing up and down when he was released that he sucked, but he never did.

• Like 2