Week 18: NY Jets vs BUF Bills

Bobby816

If yesterday didn't prove the biggest thing on our agenda going into the draft is to continue to rebuild the O line. Wilson got sack nine times and he got away from three more sacks. How many times was Carter, stack up because the center of the O line could not open one hole. Becton, thru a monkey wrench in my plans this year. We have the draft picks to do this and stock up with young first tier players.

5 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

If yesterday didn't prove the biggest thing on our agenda going into the draft is to continue to rebuild the O line. Wilson got sack nine times and he got away from three more sacks. How many times was Carter, stack up because the center of the O line could not open one hole. Becton, thru a monkey wrench in my plans this year. We have the draft picks to do this and stock up with young first tier players.

Yup, heavy investment in the trenches this off season. We were so bad there this season it’s not even funny. 

I won't say no to more top-level O-linemen. Philadelphia basically just rode a great OL all the way to the playoffs. And that one brief glimmer of time when we were good (2008, 2009, 2010) was when we had a great OL.

But honestly as long as we get some good players, I'd be happy with offseason acquisitions anywhere in:

• OL
  • Pass rusher
  • WR
  • Linebacker
  • TE
  • Maybe Safety but I'm putting that below the others just out of positional importance. I'd usually say LBs aren't that important but ours are not good.

Buffalo has the best defense in the league and we were down 4 WRs. Buffalo had a huge advantage I won’t hold that against the OL. They were playing well up until then. I want C round 1 or 2 but don’t feel the need to draft another if we are keeping Fant, McGovern and LDT. I’d rather draft depth and hope they start in the future. 

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Buffalo has the best defense in the league and we were down 4 WRs. Buffalo had a huge advantage I won’t hold that against the OL. They were playing well up until then. I want C round 1 or 2 but don’t feel the need to draft another if we are keeping Fant, McGovern and LDT. I’d rather draft depth and hope they start in the future. 

I agree here. I think The OL will be a lot better just by having the unit back. I would not be mad at 

Fant LDT McGovern VT Becton. Maybe an upgrade at C but i hate to use a first on a C and I don't care how good they are. If the Iowa guy is there at 10 maybe. I think we need pass rush and CB way more than OL. I think a lot of the pressure is brought on by Wilson holding the ball to long and bailing out of the pocket too fast. He needs to stop being a pretty boy and take the hit. You have to wait that half second. 

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I agree here. I think The OL will be a lot better just by having the unit back. I would not be mad at 

Fant LDT McGovern VT Becton. Maybe an upgrade at C but i hate to use a first on a C and I don't care how good they are. If the Iowa guy is there at 10 maybe. I think we need pass rush and CB way more than OL. I think a lot of the pressure is brought on by Wilson holding the ball to long and bailing out of the pocket too fast. He needs to stop being a pretty boy and take the hit. You have to wait that half second. 

We had a third string LT, backup C, backup RT after Moses went down, and a RG we signed a month ago. The only starter was AVT. I agree we would look a lot better with our starters. I am of the opinion that an upgrade to LDT is needed especially since we can use LDT as a backup OG.  JD’s boy McGovern is going nowhere nor is he moving to OG.  Lindy will not be a Jet.

As for Wilson holding the ball too long, that was a good argument before his injury. He has cut down on his delivery time since his return. Now if you are saying he held the ball too long yesterday, then yes, he did. Mostly because he had street receivers not getting open. He was also pressured up the gut constantly.

The OL needs upgrading, I wont fall into the fools gold of GVR being the only reason they were bad. We need a wall up front. The unit with the best this season was good but LaFleur schemed around their deficiencies well but we cant always count on that.

Trenches should be the emphasis still, it will make everyone else behind them better.  

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The OL needs upgrading, I wont fall into the fools gold of GVR being the only reason they were bad. We need a wall up front. The unit with the best this season was good but LaFleur schemed around their deficiencies well but we cant always count on that.

Trenches should be the emphasis still, it will make everyone else behind them better.  

It is said the OL is only as strong as the weakest link. GVR wasn’t just weak he was missing. With two young guys getting better, assuming Becton gets his head out of his ***, McGovern not having to worry about helping the RG all the time, this unit could be good with some continuity, which we did not have this year.

I would like to see a day 2 pick on iOL / OC to start at RG. Draft a 3rd round OT to develop/push Becton and we should be good. Now if Becton can’t cut it, then yeah, get a FRP OT. In fact, I would not mind Ikem with our second first regardless. He can play RG and take over LT when Fant leaves. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

It is said the OL is only as strong as the weakest link. GVR wasn’t just weak he was missing. With two young guys getting better, assuming Becton gets his head out of his ***, McGovern not having to worry about helping the RG all the time, this unit could be good with some continuity, which we did not have this year.

I would like to see a day 2 pick on iOL / OC to start at RG. Draft a 3rd round OT to develop/push Becton and we should be good. Now if Becton can’t cut it, then yeah, get a FRP OT. In fact, I would not mind Ikem with our second first regardless. He can play RG and take over LT when Fant leaves. 

I still love the scenario the most where we draft both Neal and Lindy at 4 and 10. Start Neal at RG and Lindy at C. Makes our OL young and elite for a decade. Don’t have to draft a single guy really with a high pick for a long time. And we be protecting our young QB and start establishing a run game. Smart investment if you so me. Spend those 2nd rounders on an edge and S.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I still love the scenario the most where we draft both Neal and Lindy at 4 and 10. Start Neal at RG and Lindy at C. Makes our OL young and elite for a decade. Don’t have to draft a single guy really with a high pick for a long time. And we be protecting our young QB and start establishing a run game. Smart investment if you so me. Spend those 2nd rounders on an edge and S.

Yeah I love this, we would finally have a unit that the team can lean. This team for all intents and purposes is only ever good when we have a strong O-Line. 

• Like 1