Week 18: NY Jets vs BUF Bills

Bobby816

Like last week is what I want. To look like we're progressing but still lose. BUF has to win this game, so they will be attacking us. But you better believe if they get up by a lot they will rest guys. I think the line is 16.5 on this game. And I think that's about right.

I just hope we're a competitive 16.5 underdogs.

You better believe BUF will do better at trying to eliminate Berrios (if he plays)... so someone else I think will have to step up. I hope we have more Yeboah sightings, and who knows... maybe Mims catches a few passes this week. Carter I think is still in the concussion protocol... but I hope he can suit up and start for us. I just hope for smart decisions again from Wilson to end the year with a solid group of games to build off of for the 2022 season and going forward

40 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Any word on Moore coming back?  Doesn't matter how good he looks if he can't stay on the field.

I actually expect us to be smart with this. Why risk playing Moore in a meaningless game? Is 1 game against the Bills going to change anything in his development? Where if he re-aggrivates his injury it has longer term affects. So I expect any guys that are battling injury this week who are highly talented to be inactive. Even Carter is he is borderline cleared from his concussion I wouldn't play. There's no sense in it in a lost season. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

maybe Mims catches a few passes this week

A few implies that he will actually play. Not seeing it. I really wish I knew what was up with him.

Carter is out of the concussion protocol. Rather quickly, too. 

22 minutes ago, xrade said:

A few implies that he will actually play. Not seeing it. I really wish I knew what was up with him.

Carter is out of the concussion protocol. Rather quickly, too. 

If Berrios and Moore can’t go… Wilson has to throw to someone.

I don't know what being competitive would look like with this roster we're going into the game with, but I'm hoping for a close game. Sounds weird coming from me, but I'm not sure if I want to win this one even if we could. I can't stomach the idea of the patriots winning the division with a rookie QB and running it again for the next 15. Last season would just look like a break from kicking everyone's a**'s. lol 

What I'm hoping for stats wise:

1) Another smart game from Wilson. 

2) Carter reach at least 55yds to get his 1,000 total. (Him and Javonte Williams average 4.5ypc.) 

3)Mosely needs 14 tackles to tie Vilma's 169 from 2005. 

4) Echols could lead the team in INTs with one more. Good start for a 6th round pick. 

5) Hall is the only DB in the top-10 for Pass deflections without an INT. 

I'm looking for an upset, the Bills will be looking to make a statement against the Jets and clinch the division. My hope is that the Jets D plays lights out and shuts down the Bills. Takes some of the pressure off of Wilson, and as crazy as it may sound, if Mims or the Jets want to showcase his talent and show he is not a bust this is the game to do it in.

The Jets are shorthanded at WR and TE, players are going to be playing for employment Sunday. Because we know, many of the players here now, will be gone next season. With as many as 7 rookies and 4-6 FA, and perhaps as many as 20 new faces. 

If you think last years draft class was important and JD hit a home run, the 2022 draft class and FA signings will determine his future. The Jets have to add at least 4 new starters with rounds 1-2, and if JD is wise, look to move down with one of those 1st round picks for more draft capitol.

14 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't know what being competitive would look like with this roster we're going into the game with, but I'm hoping for a close game. Sounds weird coming from me, but I'm not sure if I want to win this one even if we could. I can't stomach the idea of the patriots winning the division with a rookie QB and running it again for the next 15. Last season would just look like a break from kicking everyone's a**'s. lol 

What I'm hoping for stats wise:

1) Another smart game from Wilson. 

2) Carter reach at least 55yds to get his 1,000 total. (Him and Javonte Williams average 4.5ypc.) 

3)Mosely needs 14 tackles to tie Vilma's 169 from 2005. 

4) Echols could lead the team in INTs with one more. Good start for a 6th round pick. 

5) Hall is the only DB in the top-10 for Pass deflections without an INT. 

I am still not 100% sold on Echols yet.

I think this will be a very close game but the Jets lose it in the end. This team is FINALLY starting to look like a team that can compete. The bad part is it is 3 months too late. I think the Jets should play who ever is healthy to play. You have all off season to get better. Ever live game snap is very important for this team. I think this team has a bright future if you hit on these draft picks coming up. 

The final score will be 

Jets 24

Bills  25

The jets have the lead late in the game but the Bills get the ball back with a minute to go and Bass kicks a 45 yard FG to get the win. 

The jets end up picks 4th and 8th in the first round. 

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am still not 100% sold on Echols yet.

I love Echols.  I would much rather take a chance on him, MC2 and Hall as our top 3 while improving the pass rush.  If he has a sophomore slump then we can grab a higher draft pick.  I honestly think he's been great for a 6th rounder.  The only thing he needs to improve is penalties/turning his head around.  But I still think some of his penalties were bad calls.

How do his stats look? I've only seen people post how great MC2 is and Hall's pass breakups.

19 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think this will closer than expected. We’re gonna lose but I don’t see a 3 score loss coming. Maybe something like 28-17.

As a Bills fan, I agree. The weather is supposed to be bad, too, which doesn't play into Buffalo's favor at all. They've struggled in harsher climates.

We’re gonna lose … Wilson will continue to play well … may have a turn over pushing it but I expect more solid play and a turnover trying to push something into tight windows trying to make a play … we’re gonna be playing from behind