Week 18: NY Jets vs BUF Bills

Bobby816

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Then why not trade him and get something for him?  Why turn down offers?  And if they did not like the offer, not playing him isn’t going to increase his value. 

So much this.

The Jets have mismanaged Mims as an asset if they hated him as much as it seems they should have taken what ever they were offered at the deadline. Not playing him kills whatever value he may have had if they were intent in the idea that he sucked .

The season is lost and he has upside. He should be playing over Jeff Smith a keeland Cole

12 hours ago, drew39k said:

So much this.

The Jets have mismanaged Mims as an asset if they hated him as much as it seems they should have taken what ever they were offered at the deadline. Not playing him kills whatever value he may have had if they were intent in the idea that he sucked .

The season is lost and he has upside. He should be playing over Jeff Smith a keeland Cole

Based on what? He isn’t mismanaged he hasn’t worked hard enough or made the plays when called upon. Not to mention Jeff Smith is 10x the route runner Mims is. Mims might work out elsewhere but it’s not happening here he’s a square peg in this O.

35 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Based on what? He isn’t mismanaged he hasn’t worked hard enough or made the plays when called upon. Not to mention Jeff Smith is 10x the route runner Mims is. Mims might work out elsewhere but it’s not happening here he’s a square peg in this O.

Then why haven’t they traded him if they had the offers?  And I’m sorry but they have mismanaged the whole situation. If he could not pick up the routes and concepts in practice so much so that he does not even get on the field with all the WR injuries, then don’t blow smoke up our ***** and tell us he is practicing hard and looking good. Just say that he needs more work. And please don’t tell me he has to learn all the WR positions. That is a load of crap.

It really seems like they want to punish him by not playing him and not trading him. 

36 minutes ago, xrade said:

Then why haven’t they traded him if they had the offers?  And I’m sorry but they have mismanaged the whole situation. If he could not pick up the routes and concepts in practice so much so that he does not even get on the field with all the WR injuries, then don’t blow smoke up our ***** and tell us he is practicing hard and looking good. Just say that he needs more work. And please don’t tell me he has to learn all the WR positions. That is a load of crap.

It really seems like they want to punish him by not playing him and not trading him. 

All I can say is the tape doesn’t lie and Mims has absolutely sucked. Penalties, dropped balls, not knowing where to line up, lazy efforts. The coaches don’t owe us anything. He’s in year 2 and maybe they still think there is something there or simply chose to wait till the offseason, whatever the case is blowing smoke up our @$$es is par for the course. Mims is his own worst enemy. 

33 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

All I can say is the tape doesn’t lie and Mims has absolutely sucked. Penalties, dropped balls, not knowing where to line up, lazy efforts. The coaches don’t owe us anything. He’s in year 2 and maybe they still think there is something there or simply chose to wait till the offseason, whatever the case is blowing smoke up our @$$es is par for the course. Mims is his own worst enemy. 

I won’t argue his poor play but that could also be on the coaches for messing with him. He looked decent last year. It is entirely possible he is incapable of doing anything other than nine routes.  But again, trade him then.

And, yes, the coaches do owe us something. I am not naive enough that they would come out and say he blows but it just seems like they are outright lying to us.

Bottom line is this:  If he sucks, does not fit the system or is a head case and they had offers, trade him.  It kind of reminds me a little of the Aiyuk situation in SF. But even he is seeing some run.  Who knows, maybe they will introduce some more vertical concepts next year and then use him more.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

If that's the case, why didn't the Jets trade him when they were getting offers for him at the deadline?

14 hours ago, drew39k said:

So much this.

The only reason Mimms is still around is because he was a second round pick, or he would be long gone