Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

it is a possibility that this is done.  Just so many unknowns.   GB needs to have a plan to get under the cap and present that to rodgers on how/who is going to be released in order to keep him (and then see what a contract he will want to possibly stay).  

I don't see what the point of going into next season is with Love over Rodgers.

You gotta take your cuts when you can.  Rodgers about to win the MVP he's obviously worth another bite at the apple if GB can convince him.

There's still another 5-10% of cap juice to be squeezed out of this roster before they really hit cap hell.

If they can show a coherent plan to keep it together for 2 more years, I think Rodgers will stay.  And I think there's a really compelling reason to do so.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I don't see what the point of going into next season is with Love over Rodgers.

You gotta take your cuts when you can.  Rodgers about to win the MVP he's obviously worth another bite at the apple if GB can convince him.

There's still another 5-10% of cap juice to be squeezed out of this roster before they really hit cap hell.

If they can show a coherent plan to keep it together for 2 more years, I think Rodgers will stay.  And I think there's a really compelling reason to do so.

I think that could be in play.   It is just almost solely up to Rodgers if he wants to come back if some of those players are gone.  maybe he wants a new start.  Also possible that GB wants to go a different direction.  interesting times upcoming

Just now, Boondoggle said:

This team was Super Bowl caliber, this game was just another classic Packer drop your pants fail.

Same with last season.  Both teams made just enough bad mistakes to change the result of a game they should have won.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Same with last season.  Both teams made just enough bad mistakes to change the result of a game they should have won.

I just don't feel as bitter about this one as the last one.  MLF obviously has a pretty huge blind spot for the team outside of the offense.

If you weight Offense/Defense/STs 50%/40%/10%, at least he appears to have found a good match for the Defense at DC.

Now he needs to find a competent coach for the 10%.

if we're keeping rodgers they have to trade Love

I personally think we should trade him if Rodgers stays, I just don't think they will. They have absolutely 0 incentive to trade him. The kid isn't a threat to Rodgers job as a starter and his trade value is next to nothing. Trading him would essentially be bending the knee to Rodgers publicly and I don't think Gute will do that. I think its much more likely they just wait out the next 2 years and make a decision when the time comes on whether or not they should draft another QB. Let him become an footnote in the back of the fan bases mind.

7 minutes ago, DscountDblchk12 said:

If Rodgers is done with the Packers, something tells me the front office is willing to just go through a season with Love and see what happens.  If Packers suck, they will have draft capital going into the next years draft.

I'd rather we suck for the next 4 years and tank for Arch Manning at that point.

Rodgers himself said he isn't interested in a team rebuilding.  Listen to his post game press conference.  They have way too many people to keep and they can't afford them all.  We know what we are gonna have with Rodgers.  This year was Rodgers chance, we had our best defense in years.  It's time to move on.  

I just don't feel as bitter about this one as the last one.  MLF obviously has a pretty huge blind spot for the team outside of the offense.

If you weight Offense/Defense/STs 50%/40%/10%, at least he appears to have found a good match for the Defense at DC.

Now he needs to find a competent coach for the 10%.

Defense was certainly capable tonight.  

with how much turnover might be instore, how does that D look without

• Preston
  • Z (granted he didn't play at all)
  • Campbell
  • Douglass

Would need to get similar production from

• Amos
  • Lowry
  • Barnes