Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

5 years is an exaggeration. Regardless, Rodgers says he won't be part of a rebuild and I don't really see how they can be competitive. Just prepare yourself for Love/Lazard instead of Rodgers/Adams. This offense is gonna be off the charts bad.

Five years wasn't my take (which was that no-one knows when Rodgers 'falls off the cliff'). It was the take of the keep Rodgers whatever it takes supporters - THEY were talking about another 5 years.

This year had the feel of 'the last dance', not because of Rodgers staying/going, but because of the losses of so many good players after this season, due to the cap.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

47 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I could imagine him retiring. And then one or two seasons later unretire. Total screw us

Eh, if he wants to spend 1-2 aging and losing 20 lbs of good muscle blasting his colon with organic cleansers and then thinking he can come back and play, all to make sure we don’t get a couple draft picks, more power to him. It would be hilarious. 

29 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I'm thinking of the posters that wanted us to keep Rodgers regardless of cost.

Is it still 'the only option' or are doubts creeping in now over whether he'll be so good over the next 5 years he will more than pay for his cost and more than cover the loss of so many other guys on this team.

He's certainly our best chance to win in the near future regardless of who else is on the roster. Even at 41-42 he will still be better than Love. It all depends on when you want to start the rebuild. I was for resigning Rodgers until this game, now I'm leaning heavily towards blowing it up. We aren't even close to a ring and I don't think we will be anytime soon. I want to atleast get the bad years out of the way while I'm still young.

7 minutes ago, CroCopNo1 said:

Just speechless again and I said the loss won't affect me but this team is world class at choking at the crucial moments. Don't really care if Aaron stays or goes now, we are not winning a SB with him so might as well start over.

Your username is underrated.

6 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Pretty sure it's more than a rumor at this point that GB offered OBJ the vet minimum and refused to budge.

We had very limited cap space to play with this season. I don't think we could do much except offer the minimum to OBJ and i'm sure they were also thinking about next year and needing some money to be rolled over for next season.

Also why is Murphy being blamed for this? he doesn't deal with player contracts. It will be Ball and Gute. If he is to be blamed for anything it his refusal to offer Rizzi the contract he wanted. He's the one that deals with staff contracts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

It’s really simple

Packers STs make two blocks and we win this by 3 at minimum

I'm willing to bet Rodgers makes more per year than the entire ST unit combined but sure blame those guys lol

6 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Rodgers went into this season calling it the last dance for a reason.  He was very aware of GB's cap situation for 2022 when he had that 2023 year voided from his contract.  Moving on after this season has been Rodgers end game from the moment the off season drama started.

Yup.  Rodgers has said all the right things throughout the season. 

Only 53 days until 2022 league year begins.  Interesting decisions to be made between now and then.  

Start the rumors!!!!!

7 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'll always remember that game for the fumble because GB got genuinely screwed on the call.  The ensuing TD that wins the game for SF only happened because of the fumble wasn't called.

Understood....but different perspectives.

Yes - the Ref's gagging on that call made the 4th down play possible. True - no doubt.
But - I'm a strong advocate for the players making their own way - or fate - and as opposed to a call that wasnt made, I look at that last play as one where the players were directly responsible for not executing their coverages - Sharper primarily - who's "Let me stay behind the WR / goal line and somehow make a play on the guy in front of me" coverage - was about as dumb as can be imagined.

7 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

But that was just a great play by QB/WR.  The fumble we got screwed on. And it wasn’t even close.  That hurt a lot more. 

Just saw this. Explained it in a later comment. I see it less than a great play by TO than a really bad play by Sharper.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

We had very limited cap space to play with this season. I don't think we could do much except offer the minimum to OBJ and i'm sure they were also thinking about next year and needing some money to be rolled over for next season.

I was really hopeful OBJ would come to GB - we needed him desperately IMO - and I was taken in with the media reports that we were high on his list of potentials because he wanted a winner, playoff contender, good QB etc.

Seemed like we were in the driver's seat...with KC as our main comp.

But - if LA had been mentioned as a possible destination and the "pros" of why LA would fit OBJ better had been laid out (Read: he / his GF live there) - my positive outlook would have taken a back seat. LA was (and is) the far better destination for him - also factoring in the uncertainly of AR's future in GB. 

Not sure how he would have performed in the cold last night - but think he probably would have gotten more attention from AR than any WR not named Davante did. Of that - I feel confident.

Edited by Leader

Christ. Had to take a final look at the GB Receiving stats.

Inexcusable. Totally inexcusable.

21 targets between Davante & Jones.

6 others spread out between Lazard (1) ; Cobb (1) Lewis (1) <Would like this one back in fact> ; Deguara (1) ; Dafney (2).

With a grand total of 1 reception by Lazard.

Inexcusable.

• Like 1