Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

35 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Dillon has carried the ball 187 times in 17 games... he hasn't had near the opportunity to take over a game as those guys have. I wish we'd give him the ball more because I think he COULD make the offense go, but it's always a little sprinkle of AJD, then a little of Jones aswell. 

Dillon is a very good RB. I hope we never have to find out whether or not he can exist without a lethal passing attack. Especially because he is developing quite well in the passing game. 

Against a stacked box, I think he would struggle. 

Edited by HokieHigh

3 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

I am not worried about Bosa. Our Oline can handle him. My worry is all about Fred Warner.

If he is not playing, our chances are improved significantly. 

there was a reason why Arod said Fred Warner is the best ILB in the league. 

He was clutching his knee when he went down and they're calling it an ankle.

Seems like he has a high ankle sprain. Those are TOUGH to come back from in 6 days.

The average recovery time for high ankle sprains reportedly ranges between 15 to 46 days on average, which is significantly greater than the recovery time, 6.5 days on average, for common lateral ankle sprains.

https://www.hmpgloballearningnetwork.com/site/podiatry/treating-high-ankle-sprains-football-players#:~:text=The average recovery time for,for common lateral ankle sprains.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Seems like he has a high ankle sprain. Those are TOUGH to come back from in 6 days.

The average recovery time for high ankle sprains reportedly ranges between 15 to 46 days on average, which is significantly greater than the recovery time, 6.5 days on average, for common lateral ankle sprains.

https://www.hmpgloballearningnetwork.com/site/podiatry/treating-high-ankle-sprains-football-players#:~:text=The average recovery time for,for common lateral ankle sprains.

Yeah. I thought he was done initially. 
But he was trying to sneak into the game towards the end.

Post Presser shanny said that he has the ankle injury just like he had at season starting. He came back immediately the following game. 

9 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

I am not worried about Bosa. Our Oline can handle him. My worry is all about Fred Warner.

There is a chance Fred Warner plays I'm sure, but there is 0% chance that healthy Fred Warner plays. That was a non-contact leg injury that looked like cause significant pain. He wanted to come back in because he had some mad adrenaline flowing, as someone who had their fair share of ankle sprains, the morning after is significantly worse than the moments after "walking it off."

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Post Presser shanny said that he has the ankle injury just like he had at season starting. He came back immediately the following game. 

Actually Shanny said he *thinks* it was similar, but they're not sure yet.

8 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Just like on Monday of that week Lamar was playing against us on Sunday. 

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

These are NFL players with around the clock top shelf therapy, and painkillers on performance day. 

10 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Dillon is a very good RB. I hope we never have whether or not he can exist without a lethal passing attack. Especially because he is developing quite well in the passing game.   Against a stacked box, I think he would struggle. 

Yeah, I love Dillon, and he's constantly getting something out of nothing.  But this season there has been a lot of nothing blocked for him.  And when it's 4th quarter and teams are expecting run and crowding the box, it's not like he can just pump out first downs against that.  

To be honest, I think that for the most part MLF and Rodgers have balanced pass/run really well these last two years.  Take what the defense gives you, don't force it, etc.. And I expect they will continue to balance them on Saturday.  I'm just hoping that the o-line will play well enough that both pass and run can both work with high efficiency.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Jaire played and had an INT that game. Kevin King didn't play though, but I don't think you meant him as one of their 2 best defensive players lol

I stand corrected about Jaire .. the rest still applies.  And Kevin King has a LOT to make up for in the upcoming game!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Even if he does play on that bad ankle, he won't be the same.  He injured the same one earlier this year and missed a game.  Don't really expect him to sit it out but he won't be as fast, quick or twitchy.  Have him cover our rb's out of the backfield on passing - advantage GB.

4 minutes ago, craig said:

Yeah, I love Dillon, and he's constantly getting something out of nothing.  But this season there has been a lot of nothing blocked for him.  And when it's 4th quarter and teams are expecting run and crowding the box, it's not like he can just pump out first downs against that.  

To be honest, I think that for the most part MLF and Rodgers have balanced pass/run really well these last two years.  Take what the defense gives you, don't force it, etc.. And I expect they will continue to balance them on Saturday.  I'm just hoping that the o-line will play well enough that both pass and run can both work with high efficiency.  

Agreed.

We know Dillon excels against stacked boxes. That's unquestionably a strength of his.

Since 2000, Dillon’s career average of 125.5 yards per game ranks 5th all-time among all power-5 running backs. He did all this while facing a stacked box on 75% of his career carries. In 2019 alone, he ranked first in the FBS for the most yards and yards after contact against stacked boxes.

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There is a chance Fred Warner plays I'm sure, but there is 0% chance that healthy Fred Warner plays. That was a non-contact leg injury that looked like cause significant pain. He wanted to come back in because he had some mad adrenaline flowing, as someone who had their fair share of ankle sprains, the morning after is significantly worse than the moments after "walking it off."

Totally different injury and player, but I wonder if this might be a little like Aaron Donald last January.  He recovered enough to play, but he wasn't nearly the explosive disruptive playmaker that he is when healthy.  

47 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Not any more.  It's all about the QB.  You don't win without one.  Pretty simple stuff.  Put Love out there instead of Rodgers and this team falls apart.  Look who is in the playoffs.  Brady, Mahommes, Burrow, Allen, Rodgers all top flight QB's.  It's like that every year.  Team sport yes but you can put a stud QB on a bad team and you'll still win games.  Have a really good team without a QB guess what you don't.  Get the gist of what you are saying but really in the NFL it's all about the QB.

I respectfully disgree.

Yes, QB play is essential to success. However, if what you were saying were true Rodgers would have more rings than fingers. He doesn't, he has one. Every single time Rodgers has seen his dream of another chance at a ring and a trip to the Super Bowl dashed, it has been at the hands of an inferior QB (including Brady IMO)

The 49ers with Jimmy G, a mediocre QB, just beat Dallas and Dak, a superior QB. Jimmy G and the 49ers are a formidable opponent coming to Lambeau to face the Packers and their far more talented QB. I expect the rested Packers, playing at home with superior talent (esp at QB) to win, but I would have to be delusional or caught in a hype myth to not know it could go the other way.

The top seeded Titans earned their #1 seed and accompanying bye with a recycled mediocre (again in relative terms) QB and without arguably the best RB in football. How? By remembering it takes a TEAM to win a d playing like it.

The media and the NFL PR has done a great job of expanding its market, esp to women and children, by dumbing down the game and encouraging hero worship - esp at QB.

Than again, Dak was overwhelmingly voted the NVP🤪

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Agreed.

We know Dillon excels against stacked boxes. That's unquestionably a strength of his.

Since 2000, Dillon’s career average of 125.5 yards per game ranks 5th all-time among all power-5 running backs. He did all this while facing a stacked box on 75% of his career carries. In 2019 alone, he ranked first in the FBS for the most yards and yards after contact against stacked boxes.

This is not college ball. As craig points out, there have been numerous occasions this season when the run was obvious, the blocking was poor and AJD was stuffed for no gainers.  

Im not a big fan of Dillon in this game running the ball.  Sure,  if its 3rd and short give it to him, but in the overall attack  Id much rather go with Jones.    I like having the combination of Jones and Dillon for different situations.   Both can help in the passing game.   I dont think Dillon is one of those "build the game plan around him" guys for this game.    There definitely is a big spot for him in this game, but I just wouldnt use him as the main focal point.   You might use him to pound the middle to open up some stuff for Jones outside.     Its not a knock on Dillon, there are definite parts of his game the Packers can use effectively.     

Edited by NFLGURU