Divisional Round: 49ers @ Packers: Postgame - Packers lose 13-10, season ends due to worst STs in history!

FAH1223

Anxiety Meter  

84 members have voted

1. 1. You nervous?

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Maybe that's why he sailed that ball that got intercepted?  

Naw... that's just Jimmy G.

20 tds to 12 ints in the regular season.

If the Packers can rattle him, Jimmy will throw up int. Opportunities 

37 minutes ago, BAM said:

Naw... that's just Jimmy G.

20 tds to 12 ints in the regular season.

If the Packers can rattle him, Jimmy will throw up int. Opportunities 

I was a little surprised to see how much better vs the blitz he is then against 4 rushers.

Will be key to get in his face with 4. If we can do that, we win going away.

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I was a little surprised to see how much better vs the blitz he is then against 4 rushers.

Will be key to get in his face with 4. If we can do that, we win going away.

Stop the run ... make him pass ... rush 4 with pressure.  Big time win!

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Z watching Niners film on his laptop on IG. Not that there was any doubt but...he's playing.

Hearing Barry talk, it sounds like he’s in but to say there isn’t any doubt a guy who has been out with a back problem injury week 1 is not accurate. 

Just now, Refugee said:

Hearing Barry talk, it sounds like he’s in but to say there isn’t any doubt a guy who has been out with a back problem injury week 1 is not accurate. 

Situational pass-rusher is about the easiest position to get value from in a situation like his IMO.

Looking forward to seeing Gary || Clark || Z || Preston on pass-rushing downs this postseason.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Situational pass-rusher is about the easiest position to get value from in a situation like his IMO.

Looking forward to seeing Gary || Clark || Z || Preston on pass-rushing downs this postseason.

Definitely, even if you just get him in on 3rd downs, he is a menace. It’s just for an injury like that, it takes time. Our medical staff is pretty conservative and if you follow Z on social media he was coming back months ago. I hope he’s feeling great and plays hair on fire.

Pass rusher is a bit of an “island” position in that you don’t have to have as much time with the defense to play your role. Just go out and win your one on one. Corner can be like that to a lesser extent. Of course you can add tons of wrinkles but if they want to keep it simple for Z and JA, they can let everyone else play around them. Hope both guys are healthy enough to go all out. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Refugee said:

He's been fully cleared medically. I can't think of a scenario where he wouldn't play. Same with any guy who practiced last week. It's time to take the training wheels off these guys.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He's been fully cleared medically. I can't think of a scenario where he wouldn't play. Same with any guy who practiced last week. It's time to take the training wheels off these guys.

I’m with you on that, but he’s been practicing on a limited basis. Definitely ready to see him, he has been one of my favorite players these past two seasons. I wish all of these guys could have gotten back for a few games at the end but it’s playoff time and I think the risk/reward equation gets changed up at this time of year. If we had essentially everyone minus Jenkins back and playing up to their former standards, this could be a very fun January. 

There is no way we should lose this game.  Upsets near every week though, it sure could happen.  But there is no way we should lose this game.  Kittle is more of a concern to me than Samuel because I believe we will do a far better job on him than Dallas did.  It will be interesting to see who we have primarily on Kittle.  I believe we will scheme to stop the big running plays and dare Garp to throw the football.  Then adjust from there.

Stats are of the past but these two I do find significant.

San Francisco red-zone offense: 1st, 66.7 percent. Green Bay red-zone defense: 28th, 66.0 percent.

San Francisco third-down offense: 14th, 40.2 percent. Green Bay third-down defense: 23rd, 42.9 percent.

25 minutes ago, 15412 said:

There is no way we should lose this game.  Upsets near every week though, it sure could happen.  But there is no way we should lose this game.  Kittle is more of a concern to me than Samuel because I believe we will do a far better job on him than Dallas did.  It will be interesting to see who we have primarily on Kittle.  I believe we will scheme to stop the big running plays and dare Garp to throw the football.  Then adjust from there.

San Francisco red-zone offense: 1st, 66.7 percent. Green Bay red-zone defense: 28th, 66.0 percent.

San Francisco third-down offense: 14th, 40.2 percent. Green Bay third-down defense: 23rd, 42.9 percent.

Deebo is DIFFERENT.  I feel we stop him and we clearly win this game. 

21 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Here are two I find more significant

1. Total TD's

Packers 54

49ers 50

2. Outcomes

Packers  13 - 4, #1 seed

49ers  10 - 7, #6 seed

Bottom line though, all that matters for NOW is what happens at Lambeau on Saturday night 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BAM said:

Here are two I find more significant

1. Total TD's

Packers 54

49ers 50

2. Outcomes

Packers  13 - 4, #1 seed

49ers  10 - 7, #6 seed

Bottom line though, all that matters for NOW is what happens at Lambeau on Saturday night 

One thing to note:

We had the 4th best RZ defense at home (47%) and the third worst on the road (75%).

• Like 2