I'm torn...

mwalker

between the team defying expectations and squeezing their way into the playoffs,
and dropping as many as eight spots in the '22 draft in doing so.

I know this team (without Tuitt and a better O-Line) won't win it all, but I'd also never route for them to lose.
Weird feeling, but I must say, I'm more curious about the rebuild than I am the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

**** the draft. 

The Chiefs identified their QB in the draft and made the move up to get him. Texans did the same with Watson. You like a guy, you go get him.

You do, if you like a guy that much. I only see one worth a move in the first round, but they gotta like him as a franchise guy not just a better qb than Rudolph etc. 

• Like 1

Wanting to lose for draft position is a losing mentality that belongs in Cleveland or Detroit, give me the W every time. Not particularly thrilled about the playoffs either though, going to be brutal watching this team 1 more week as speed bump for KC. Still wouldn't fret the draft position though.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

**** the draft. 

The Chiefs identified their QB in the draft and made the move up to get him. Texans did the same with Watson. You like a guy, you go get him.

There is no Mahomes in this draft.  There are a lot of Mason Rudolphs.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, jebrick said:

There is no Mahomes in this draft.  There are a lot of Mason Rudolphs.

Correct. So why worry about QB this offseason? The team needs a great Center or Guard, and likely another OT. CB, S, DL, LB are also needed.

Get the QB in 2023.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, mwalker said:

between the team defying expectations and squeezing their way into the playoffs,
and dropping as many as eight spots in the '22 draft in doing so.

I know this team (without Tuitt and a better O-Line) won't win it all, but I'd also never route for them to lose.
Weird feeling, but I must say, I'm more curious about the rebuild than I am the playoffs.

who cares about the draft if colbert is getting players like jarvis, burns, mason , edmunds and others. 

11 hours ago, AFF said:

Who cares if he’s drafting TJ Watt or Cameron Heyward, AB, Bell, DJ, or Muth.

TJ is a Watt, Heyward's father was a respected and rare talent RB so that probably helped in deciding for colbert 🤩.   Colbert hit on a few but the point its he has missed often enough to not really care about the draft anymore.  We have 2 good TE's from the draft though, lately been drafting TE like stye used to WR.  Defence will need help via UFA or trade most likely.  This draft seemed decent and got playing time as well. 

9 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

Restock the trenches this year.  Let Rudolph blow it and get a higher pick with a better QB class next year.  

Sign R.Penny and share the work with Haris and never have a drop off whatsoever anywhere, but Penny will probably get a nice contract somewhere else or will he? Agree about the trenches, major issues if Tuitt and Alualu don't return. Buggs and Davis seem to never be available so it has been a rough season on the DL. OL though, appears decent at times, but never really good enough to not consider improving. RT and OL coach are the areas that could use the most help.  Banner should  get a shot but maybe next year. Really was hoping he would get his chance, felt bad after he got hurt last year. 

Can Tuitt and or Alualu return for the playoffs?

34 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

TJ is a Watt, Heyward's father was a respected and rare talent RB so that probably helped in deciding for colbert 🤩.   Colbert hit on a few but the point its he has missed often enough to not really care about the draft anymore.  We have 2 good TE's from the draft though, lately been drafting TE like stye used to WR.  Defence will need help via UFA or trade most likely.  This draft seemed decent and got playing time as well. 

So tell me, who is a better drafter of talent?  Which GM hits more than 40% of their draft picks?  You are an idiot if you expect to hit on all picks all the time.  You are still an idiot if you expect to hit on 60% of the picks all the time. 

This team has had to rely on the draft for a majority of their talent due to paying a franchise QB for 14 years.  So it is either coach or the GM or both that has allowed the Steelers to not draft in the top 10 ( without a trade ) in 21 years.  Colbert should end up in the HOF just for that fact alone.