Bears fire HC Matt Nagy, GM Ryan Pace

CBears019

Just now, MWil23 said:

10/10 for the Bears making Matt Nagy coach the entire season instead of firing him Week 2 when it was apparent that he was trying to actively sabotage Justin Field's career against Myles Garrett and the Browns.

He certainly left a steaming pile for the next HC to take over. I doubt there will be much competition for that job.

1 minute ago, Nzd07 said:

He certainly left a steaming pile for the next HC to take over. I doubt there will be much competition for that job.

Respectfully disagree here.  We have a developing QB already in place.  Our roster needs improvement but is not as bad as our record indicates.  There are holes to fill for sure but so does every other team that is looking for a new head coach today.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Respectfully disagree here.  We have a developing QB already in place.  Our roster needs improvement but is not as bad as our record indicates.  There are holes to fill for sure but so does every other team that is looking for a new head coach today.

True, I suppose if you liked Fields coming out there's something. I personally wasn't a big fan of his coming out, and the scouts were saying he was a one-read QB and definitely struggled passing in year 1.

1 minute ago, Nzd07 said:

True, I suppose if you liked Fields coming out there's something. I personally wasn't a big fan of his coming out, and the scouts were saying he was a one-read QB and definitely struggled passing in year 1.

He did struggle at times.  Some of it was definitely his fault but a lot of it was scheme and lack of protection.  He was put in a completely unfair situation. That being said, outside of Jones going to play for Belichick and McDaniels (who is one of the best offensive minds in football). What rookie QB didn't struggle?

2 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Bears are in a pretty bad situation. Best players on the team are aging/declining. Offensive line is awful, WRs are awful, and the defense is only getting worse.

2 hours ago, Nzd07 said:

Chicago is a historic team that will always be an appealing coaching opportunity, despite the fact that the history is mostly ~8-8 seasons and wasted opportunities.