Bears fire HC Matt Nagy, GM Ryan Pace

CBears019

18 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

The Bears looked horrible this year (and plenty of others), but they were sorely mismanaged and underprepared just about every week.  That is on the coaching staff.  There are multiple missteps that can be pointed out to support my stance.

You could tell Nagy was spectator and not a coach. He would be more into watching the game than having a plan that is looking at least two or three steps/plays ahead. It's why we've called multiple timeouts during PATs. smh

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I really hope the Bears don't hire Frazier.  He was absolutely brutal as a head coach for the Vikings.  He is probably a good DC, but the Bears deserve better than what he showed in his head coaching tenure in MN.

I’m of the few that think he’s earned another shot but his OC choice will be massive. I think Joe Cullen would be his DC assuming the new Jags HC doesn’t retain him 

23 hours ago, Dodo said:

Pace trading for Fields to buy himself another year or two might've worked if not for Nagy putting him in the worst possible situations.

Hilarious seeing such a maneuver fail though 

I mean, that's probably failure from ownership all the way down.  You don't sign off on trading future picks and drafting a QB without a plan in place.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:08 PM, sammymvpknight said:

Interviewing Jeff Ireland for GM. Saints fans will attest that he has been phenomenal and a substantial loss. 

I'd put the Saints drafting history since he came on board up against anyone's. He's been fantastic there. He failed in Miami because he had some notable failures at dealing with people and conflicts. Maybe he's better at that, I don't know. 

5 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'd put the Saints drafting history since he came on board up against anyone's. He's been fantastic there. He failed in Miami because he had some notable failures at dealing with people and conflicts. Maybe he's better at that, I don't know. 

But how many of those draft picks are completely on him?  I look at his draft record in Miami, and it's bad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

But how many of those draft picks are completely on him?  I look at his draft record in Miami, and it's bad.

He rebuilt the Saints scouting department himself in 2016, so I'd say he has much influence as anyone into who they draft since then.

58 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

So it sounds like he's a great evaluator and a terrible GM.

Perfect fit IMO.