A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

8 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Yeah, not a fan of any defensive coach. Todd Bowles has earned a second chance as a head coach somewhere, but I hope it's not with us. I am tired of the carousel of offensive coordinators that this team has year and year out. We would need that stability, especially if we end up drafting a QB imo.

You think it’s bad now, wait until we get an offensive head coach, and we have success with the new system. 

8 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

You think it’s bad now, wait until we get an offensive head coach, and we have success with the new system. 

I get what you're saying, and to an extent I agree. However, its not like our playbook or scheme would change every year. That would stay the same. We would just need a new OC to help implement, tweak, etc. the already existing system at that point, right?  Or no? Its not like it would be Turner, to Schumer, to JDF, etc where the entire thing is different year in and year out.

Edited by AP_allday2869

1 hour ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Yeah, not a fan of any defensive coach. Todd Bowles has earned a second chance as a head coach somewhere, but I hope it's not with us. I am tired of the carousel of offensive coordinators that this team has year and year out. We would need that stability, especially if we end up drafting a QB imo.

I agree. I don't want a defensive coach. I want an offensive guy. We keep the system but change OCs. Plus I don't want a coach who is afraid to open up the offense. I think that is more common with the defensive minded guys.