A New Era: Zimmer and Spielman both fired on Black Monday

vike daddy

23 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think people are reading way too much into an article that is essentially an opinion piece trying to read the tea leaves. 

That certainly could be...I personally don't care which way they go as I have zero attachment to any of the candidates.  I'm not going to be disappointed in whoever they hire as GM.  As far as coaching, since we know a little more about them, there certainly is room for disappointment.  🤣

• Like 1

IMO the GM/HC combo with the most potential is Kwesi & Hackett. 

The safest/highest floor combo is Poles & Pederson.

Trainwreck combo is Raiche & Gannon. Not for any other reason but very little experience & are not proven at all. I realize you could say this about the Kwesi/Hackett combo. But i think those guys have the it factor and also more proven experience.  I need to see some more from Gannon & Raiche to get another year or two in an NFL front office.

My prediction is Ryan Poles will be the GM. If its not him, then Kwesi for sure. 

Edited by Eric dunn

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

It'll be interesting, if Poles ends up getting the job, who he'd favor for the HC job...I personally think that would rule out Quinn (but I could be wrong, because I'm making a huge assumption here), as since Poles used to block for Matt Ryan at BC, he'd ask Matt about his opinion on Quinn as a HC, and that might be a red flag for Quinn, considering how it ended.  

Wonder if Poles would prefer someone like Doug Pederson who comes from the Andy Reid tree. Poles/Pederson pairing would be towards the top for me. But I don’t know what, if any, experience they have together.

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Wonder if Poles would prefer someone like Doug Pederson who comes from the Andy Reid tree. Poles/Pederson pairing would be towards the top for me. But I don’t know what, if any, experience they have together.

They were together in KC.

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I'm not sure anybody we hire will be choosing anybody not on the vetted list of 8 the current people have assembled for us to interview.

I'm getting the impression it's going to be a joint GM/HC announcement, not to imply it's one person filling both roles, just that both individuals are going to be announced/hired near simultaneously. 

Edited by skywindO2

57 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

IMO the GM/HC combo with the most potential is Kwesi & Hackett. 

The safest/lowest floor combo is Poles & Pederson.

Trainwreck combo is Raiche & Gannon. Not for any other reason but very little experience & are not proven at all. I realize you could say this about the Kwesi/Hackett combo. But i think those guys have the it factor and also more proven experience.  I need to see some more from Gannon & Raiche to get another year or two in an NFL front office.

My prediction is Ryan Poles will be the GM. If its not him, then Kwesi for sure. 

Pederson is a super bowl winning head coach. How he has the lowest floor compared to someone like Hackett, I just don’t understand. It’s not like Pederson rode the coattails of an elite QB to win a super bowl either. Could he repeat and be a super bowl winning head coach for a second organization? Don’t know why he couldn’t, personality fit is probably the biggest concern. But to say he has the lowest floor despite having the best track record in the playoffs despite still being a young HC (not by age but experience), I struggle to follow that logic. 

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Either one seem like solid options

Agreed.  Either one they choose to go with, I'm absolutely fine with.  Certainly 2 different skill-sets, so it's just a choice of what route to go.  If they go with Kwesi, expect Jamaal Stephenson to accumulate a lot of power over drafting decisions, but if they go the Poles route, then Brz will still have a lot of influence with his expertise in the financial aspects.