2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

4 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

Gase is an assistant coach at a high school - i don't think the coaching staff was really all that great.

i do agree that he's doing more for zach but like i said, a WR corps of Corey Davis (JAG), Berrios (JAG) and Moore (potential) isn't going to cut it. for as many inaccurate passes as wilson threw last year, i saw just as many WR/TE/RB's having great throws bounce off their hands.

Gase literally isn’t an assistant coach at a high school. 

As for your second point I’m just going to ignore it. Sorry you can’t get prime Randy Moss and Jerry Rice.

Edited by KingOfNewYork

I'd definitely like to have Crowder back. He's never complained in the situations he's had here and has produced pretty well given those situations. Cole was mostly just a guy last year. Had a nice TD in the last game of the year, and had a nice game against Tennessee. But was barely there otherwise. Could take him or leave him. I'd probably rather give a chance to a mid or late-round rookie in that spot and see if we strike gold.

Not many in that tweet list really interest me. Lots of guys I don't trust to give decent production for their price tag. I always liked Jarvis Landry though and wouldn't mind him if we think his last season was an anomaly and not a sharp decline. He'd be an "instead of Crowder" guy though I think, or we'd be loaded up on guys playing similar roles.

And I definitely feel that we need a WR in round 1 or 2 though. Someone with #1 potential.

3 minutes ago, TheChad said:

I'd definitely like to have Crowder back. He's never complained in the situations he's had here and has produced pretty well given those situations. Cole was mostly just a guy last year. Had a nice TD in the last game of the year, and had a nice game against Tennessee. But was barely there otherwise. Could take him or leave him. I'd probably rather give a chance to a mid or late-round rookie in that spot and see if we strike gold.

Not many in that tweet list really interest me. Lots of guys I don't trust to give decent production for their price tag. I always liked Jarvis Landry though and wouldn't mind him if we think his last season was an anomaly and not a sharp decline. He'd be an "instead of Crowder" guy though I think, or we'd be loaded up on guys playing similar roles.

And I definitely feel that we need a WR in round 1 or 2 though. Someone with #1 potential.

Rather bring Cole in and roll with 5 into the draft. Mims (not counting on him) and Davis are the only guys with any height on the roster. Berrios, Moore, and Crowder makes for a bit of a log jam in the slot. 

31 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Armstead now plays inside full time, though. Who plays next to Quinnen Williams in our base defense?

Whatever he does now is different from what he did under Saleh. Right now Rankins would be starting opposite QWill. JFM slides inside on passing downs. 

Jets went after DJ Jones and BJ Hill, they’re definitely looking for an upgrade at DT but it’s probably coming in the draft at this point unless a free agent hits the market they can grab.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

What do you guys make of Douglas not bringing in a receiver? He’s literally signed it re-signed every other position outside of Linebacker.

It feels like he's waiting for someone. He is still keeping vets everyone is expecting to get released. Something is brewing 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

What do you guys make of Douglas not bringing in a receiver? He’s literally signed or re-signed every other position outside of Linebacker.

Not a surprise considering the insane contracts handed out to WR’s this FA period. If I had to guess, I think he will grab a mid-level number 4 or 5 at some point and draft a decent prospect on day 1 or 2.