2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

After watching those two NFL games yesterday, does anybody still don't believe the NFL, is an offensive driven league. How much closer to arena football do we have get before everybody believes it. Every rule change in the last twenty has all favored the offensive, just a couple a days ago experts said deep passes down field when it is a jump ball the receiver catches 60 % of them. Just yesterday Buffalo who has the best rated defense in the NFL was made fools of by the KC offensive. The same thing could be said about what the Rams did to a good Tampa Bay defense. With this mind come draft time think about continuing to build the O line, also if there is a top TE when we pick & WR pick them also.

With that said come Mock draft time I don't want to hear about an edge rusher from William Paterson College unless it is the kid from Michigan. Or a safety from North Dakota State. 

Edited by doumeyer

41 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d like to see us take Neal or Ikem at 4 if the 2 edges are gone and see how the board falls to us at 10. Maybe Ojabo or Hamilton are still available then.

What if we get a decent FA OG and Becton is ready to play?

Now that the dust has settled, after the Bills 13 second fiasco, the only thing i know now is three out of four of our first picks should be offensive. If one of the top pass rushers are there at four we should draft him, and then go offensive. This year it is going to be very difficult to know how the first three picks in the draft will go, JACKENVILLE, needs to get TL help, Detroit might go QB although, Goff played Ok.  and Houston with Watson still up in the air who knows. One thing for sure in the next four months there will be a lot of speculation how the first four picks in the 2022 draft will go and most will be BS. As far as the FA market goes your guess is as good as mind, we never get the top young OL guy we want they usually end up going to the top teams.

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Now that the dust has settled, after the Bills 13 second fiasco, the only thing i know now is three out of four of our first picks should be offensive. If one of the top pass rushers are there at four we should draft him, and then go offensive. This year it is going to be very difficult to know how the first three picks in the draft will go, JACKENVILLE, needs to get TL help, Detroit might go QB although, Goff played Ok.  and Houston with Watson still up in the air who knows. One thing for sure in the next four months there will be a lot of speculation how the first four picks in the 2022 draft will go and most will be BS. As far as the FA market goes your guess is as good as mind, we never get the top young OL guy we want they usually end up going to the top teams.

Building the OL and getting a young QB weapons is never a bad idea. But as I’ll continue to say. I’d like a split with our top picks. Each side of the ball get a pick in each of the 1st couple rounds. But JD will stick to his board and choose who he sees as BPA and that hits a need and the position is worth he value. IMO I think he doesn’t have a guy like Hamilton even in our thoughts in the top 10. He’s had 2 good safeties here and has traded 1 away and didn’t want to pay the other. So to me that shows he doesn’t value S. Which is true. S isn’t a premium position. So I don’t see JD using premium picks on not premium positions.

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s had 2 good safeties here and has traded 1 away and didn’t want to pay the other. So to me that shows he doesn’t value S. Which is true. S isn’t a premium position. So I don’t see JD using premium picks on not premium positions.

He traded Adams because JA was a problem.  It really only matters if Saleh values S.  If not, don't spend a top 5 pick on one.  If Saleh does value S,  Hamilton may very well be the pick assuming Thibs and Hutch are gone and our OL is settled prior to the draft.

JD also doesn't like overpaying.  At least up until now.  He let Robby go, which in hindsight may not be a bad move, over a couple of $M.  JD apparently has a salary range for players at certain positions and yes, S, is not up there with EDGE, but I think he could pay a S top $ if Saleh wants one.  You mentioned getting Williams in FA.  There is talk of him asking for $16M.  It will be interesting to see if the Jets even talk to him.

• Like 1

I have thought about Bengals' Tyler Boyd.  I don't think he will crack 1K again with Bengals because of Tee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase. Bengals probably need to trade him away before they could deal his potential whining. Boyd's leftover contract is measly less than 9m annually (2 years).

I would give them CB Bryce Hall for Tyler Boyd straight up. Then Jets could trade down from either 1st round pick to area where either Kenyon Green or Tyler Linderbaum will be taken.  After that trade, Jets have extra pick within top 90 so Jets could pick up Kyler Gordon or a similar caliber to replace Bryce Hall.