2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

The goal is just getting a a threat when one becomes available. It doesn't matter if it's via trade or draft. It could be a WR, RB, or TE. Just need someone defenses have to either load the box for or adjust their coverages to. Good luck getting to the SB without one. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Diggs is the only player on the Bills I’d consider a “weapon” as fans are relating it to. Gabriel Davis, Cole Beasley, Zack Moss are JAGs. 

If we trotted those guys out on the field Douglas would be criticized. Hell he brought it Corey Davis,  Elijah Moore and Michael Carter gets criticized and they’re better than those guys I mentioned. 

I disagree. I’ve drilled how awful we’ve been with giving our QB weapons for years. I mean decades. And I stayed silent about that after this last offseason with signing Davis and drafting Moore and Carter. Do I think we should add to it? 100%… but I never gave the excuse for us sucking bc of lack of weapons. And that was when they were injured a ton. But it wasn’t our GMs fault like the last 2 decades.

50 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I disagree. I’ve drilled how awful we’ve been with giving our QB weapons for years. I mean decades. And I stayed silent about that after this last offseason with signing Davis and drafting Moore and Carter. Do I think we should add to it? 100%… but I never gave the excuse for us sucking bc of lack of weapons. And that was when they were injured a ton. But it wasn’t our GMs fault like the last 2 decades.

You disagree? So if we had Moss, Beasley and Davis you’d consider them weapons?

10 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You disagree? So if we had Moss, Beasley and Davis you’d consider them weapons?

For starters Singeltary is their RB not Moss who he’s had 2 TDs yesterday FYI. Beasley is Berrios and Davis is Davis for us. We just need a Diggs. Moore maybe can be that. But didn’t show enough as a Rookie to believe in that.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

For starters Singeltary is their RB not Moss who he’s had 2 TDs yesterday FYI. Beasley is Berrios and Davis is Davis for us. We just need a Diggs. Moore maybe can be that. But didn’t show enough as a Rookie to believe in that.

Davis Is Davis? Come on Bobby lol. If we credited a 4th round pick as a weapon you’d lose your mind. 

Singletaey, Moss, Breida whoever they put back there you would want upgrades from them. But they’re weapons for some reason because they aren’t Jets.

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

The goal is just getting a a threat when one becomes available. It doesn't matter if it's via trade or draft. It could be a WR, RB, or TE. Just need someone defenses have to either load the box for or adjust their coverages to. Good luck getting to the SB without one. 

This very quote should end some non sense argument about Jets copying Bills.   Bills are well established team after rebuilding 2 or 3 years FFS.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Davis Is Davis? Come on Bobby lol. If we credited a 4th round pick as a weapon you’d lose your mind. 

Singletaey, Moss, Breida whoever they put back there you would want upgrades from them. But they’re weapons for some reason because they aren’t Jets.

They’re weapons bc they work in an offense. I’ve said for years that we would’ve water great QBs bc we gave them awful weapons. The 1 time we had good weapons in 2 decades we had a 36yr old Fitz at QB and got tricked into thinking he’s actually something when we should’ve drafted Watson ir Mahomes. Confidence and a good OC means everything for a QB. I’ve always said you need weapons to make a QB great faster. But in their prime they shouldn’t need 1st rounders all around them to win. If Wilson is good in 5 years… we can talk about not investing top picks to help him. Until then…. He needs help. Allen showed last year he was a top QB. They had rough patches this year (just like KC with a great QB). But they figure it out. Difference is they “struggle” and still make the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

This is the year I think we can finally fix our TE situation, Schultz, OJ Howard, Njoku, Uzomah, Mo Alie-Cox, Gieseki…

We can sign one and draft a development TE or sign both. I'm cool with either.  I'd be happy with any one from this list. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

They’re weapons bc they work in an offense. I’ve said for years that we would’ve water great QBs bc we gave them awful weapons. The 1 time we had good weapons in 2 decades we had a 36yr old Fitz at QB and got tricked into thinking he’s actually something when we should’ve drafted Watson ir Mahomes. Confidence and a good OC means everything for a QB. I’ve always said you need weapons to make a QB great faster. But in their prime they shouldn’t need 1st rounders all around them to win. If Wilson is good in 5 years… we can talk about not investing top picks to help him. Until then…. He needs help. Allen showed last year he was a top QB. They had rough patches this year (just like KC with a great QB). But they figure it out. Difference is they “struggle” and still make the playoffs.

Yeah that's not my point, the point is its not a copy and paste approach to continue to see a team do something and think hmm if we just do that we'll be like them. First it was lets be the Patriots then the Seahawks, then the Chiefs then the Bills and now the Bengals but what's hilarious is they all did different things than each other have become good to great teams but the one common denominator among them all is they got the QB they needed. It still takes the players to actually execute and be successful, remember when it was just get Darnold weapons and he'll be successful? Look at that now and even with Zach not having his guys at the end of the season you still saw things on film that say man if Davis and Moore were here and we had an upgrade or at least an actual threat at TE and could lean on the run game a little more he could have really do some more damage. But even without all that we were in games, not shooting ourselves in the foot and had chances to beat a few playoff teams.

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah that's not my point, the point is its not a copy and paste approach to continue to see a team do something and think hmm if we just do that we'll be like them. First it was lets be the Patriots then the Seahawks, then the Chiefs then the Bills and now the Bengals but what's hilarious is they all did different things than each other have become good to great teams but the one common denominator among them all is they got the QB they needed. It still takes the players to actually execute and be successful, remember when it was just get Darnold weapons and he'll be successful? Look at that now and even with Zach not having his guys at the end of the season you still saw things on film that say man if Davis and Moore were here and we had an upgrade or at least an actual threat at TE and could lean on the run game a little more he could have really do some more damage. But even without all that we were in games, not shooting ourselves in the foot and had chances to beat a few playoff teams.

I think there’s absolutely nothing wrong with copying what other teams do that have success. I totally agree that you need a QB to make it work. But it sure helps if you get that QB help to make it work. That’s all I’m saying. I’d hate to see us spend most our assets (FA money and top draft picks) on defense this year bc we invested in the offense the last couple off seasons. Keep the throttle down to help Wilson. Get him another OLineman or 2. Get 2 TEs. Get another WR. Get a backup RB better than Coleman or Johnson. Keep building to put Wilson in the best possible situation. There’s nearly no young QBs who succeed without some serious weapons around them.