2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Trading down in this draft is ideal but that's why it would be hard to do. With no one to come up for why would anyone reach their arms out especially to get fleeced by Joey D. 

With so many veteran Quarterbacks switching teams this off-season and no top end prospects its gonna be hard to move back out of 4. 10 is probably easier to move out of. I'd love a Giants/Bears like trade for us. 

Gotta hope a Team like Pitt wants to move up for Pickett or someone along those lines

We would actually need 2 good QBs to light it up and gain hype for us to get someone interested in trading up for a QB. If there is a QB teams love, they'll have to jump the lions to get him. It's hard for me to see that happening with this class, but crazier things has happened. So we'll see.

If we were to make a trade, I would trade for Danielle Hunter. Considering we may miss out on the top DEs in the draft and we haven't had a EDGE rusher in decades. 

I'm worried with Carl Lawson if he can actually sstay healthy. 

Doubt it happens though.

It seems like the best player on the board at #4 would probably be a OT for us. I wonder if the Jets just take a OT and move Becton to RT. I think Neal may go top 3, but Charles Cross is also an excellent LT prospect. 

We have the picks and cap space to target anyone who is available. My eyes are on Ridley, Metcalf, and Hunter. I doubt Seattle ever talks to us again, but I believe he will be available. 

First round pick wise, Ojabo is growing on me as the top pick. Some people glance at his stats and assume he's raw. He's using better moves than a lot of pass rushers we've hyped up in the past. He also had to sit behind former 1st round pick Paye. 

• Like 1

My list of potential WRs who may become available via trade, holdout/trade, release:

Michael Thomas ( Team is in salary cap h*ll again and they have a potential out of his contract before the season start.)

Dk Metcalf (I think he will be moved, but I don't know how much we would be willing to give up for him. lol Maybe trade back their pick and then trade for him.)

Calvin Ridley (Maybe a fresh start away from home is what he need. I think JD is already targeting him.)

Brandon Aiyuk (Only because he has one more year and will likely seek more)

Chase Claypool or Diantae Johnson (Steelers don't often resign their WRs for big deals)

AJ Brown (Doubt it though)

37 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

My list of potential WRs who may become available via trade, holdout/trade, release:

Michael Thomas ( Team is in salary cap h*ll again and they have a potential out of his contract before the season start.)

Dk Metcalf (I think he will be moved, but I don't know how much we would be willing to give up for him. lol Maybe trade back their pick and then trade for him.)

Calvin Ridley (Maybe a fresh start away from home is what he need. I think JD is already targeting him.)

Chase Claypool or Diantae Johnson (Steelers don't often resign their WRs for big deals)

Ridley I see as the only realistic option for us. But I’m more and more becoming a fan of investing a good amount of the FA money on the D at S and LB. And use that 10th pick on Burks. Totally can see us resigning Berrios and that’s it at WR going into the draft. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Think Ridley is the big name that makes the most sense scheme wise. His mental health issues are something we need to look into though, especially if he plays in this market.

59 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Please for the love of god go after any other S than Jesse Bates. He’s not good at all. He’s maybe a slightly better Ashtyn Davis. No thank you. 

Justin Reid I think could be a nice addition, Jaquiski Tartt makes sense too

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ridley I see as the only realistic option for us. But I’m more and more becoming a fan of investing a good amount of the FA money on the D at S and LB. And use that 10th pick on Burks. Totally can see us resigning Berrios and that’s it at WR going into the draft. 

It depends on if the talent is there for us to not just fill the position but fill them in with someone that can make an impact. Example Jarrad Davis. I'm going to check out Burks. I think he's good and I know he can play in and outside. So he definitely has a shot. 

34 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Justin Reid I think could be a nice addition, Jaquiski Tartt makes sense too

I like Reid. Call me crazy but maybe it’s because I am old school and want to make sure we can play with pride against the run, but depending on price I would look at Jabril Peppers as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Think Ridley is the big name that makes the most sense scheme wise. His mental health issues are something we need to look into though, especially if he plays in this market.

Yeah, but it really depends on what the root is and if he has taken the strides to heal during this time. He's from the south. High school in Florida, college in Alabama, and drafted by Atlanta. So if the problem is pressure/stress from family and friends, getting away in general is a benefit. I recently quit the highest paying job I've ever had because of mental health reasons and joined another production. Just getting out of the environment I was in helped a lot and people around me noticed. 

At the end of the day, I hope he's good. I'm all in for trading for him if he hits the market as long as he can prove that he has taken the steps to take care of himself. Brandon Marshall is another good example of turning it around mental health wise. 

• Like 1

Just now, ekill08x said:

I like Reid. Call me crazy but maybe it’s because I am old school and want to make sure we can play with pride against the run, but depending on price I would look at Jabril Peppers as well. 

Facts. I just want S that don’t get beat over the top but aren’t slouches against the Run