2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

Apparently Hill lives in MIA in the offseason FYI.

The issue I have is that JD left it as a choice. It shouldn't have been where HIll had a choice. He should've just been traded to us. When was the last time you saw a trade happen where the player got to pick his trade destination with 2 accepted offers? I cant recall. JD should've never let it get to a choice. So while he didn't fail in trying to get Hill. He did fail in closing a deal. 

Douglas is a master at understanding value. Didn’t overbid based on what Miami had to offer only had to match knowing it was up to Hill. Still offered Hill the money he was looking for in the process. If he would have pulled that off. Ultimate heist. Keeping 4 and 10 plus bringing in Hill.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Apparently Hill lives in MIA in the offseason FYI.

The issue I have is that JD left it as a choice. It shouldn't have been where HIll had a choice. He should've just been traded to us. When was the last time you saw a trade happen where the player got to pick his trade destination with 2 accepted offers? I cant recall. JD should've never let it get to a choice. So while he didn't fail in trying to get Hill. He did fail in closing a deal. 

Hill was in the last year of his deal. You trade for him without an extension agreed upon and you risk losing him the very next offseason. 

Hill was smart to take Miami. He has his super bowl ring and now he lives in a non state tax and be in the sun year round. Why would he take the Jets with massive taxes, cold weather? 

I also like to add that if you have a chance to add a WR like Hill you do it no matter what. I think our offer was better than Miami but Hill wanted Miami for the reasons above. 

I also find it funny how people say you can't spend draft capital. Ya because we do so well on drafting. We can't hit a first round pick unless he guy falls in out lap. Heck Becton might be another bust to add to the list. Then you have to think if Zach starts out 0-5 is he a bust? 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He almost robbed the Chiefs. Miami sticking their nose in our business ruined it. 

Could’ve easily thrown in next year 2nd or something and got the deal done is the thing. Or just offered 10 and later round picks. There pretty much 0% chance that whoever we’d draft at 10 will ever be as a good as Hill is regardless of position

• Like 1