2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

But yes let’s give the Chiefs an offer they can’t refuse even though the offer we gave them they accepted.

Oh he had a no-trade clause. Never mind he did have the choice. I did not think he had a no trade clause. My bad.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I didnt know Hill had a no trade clause

I don’t think he had one, Breer is slightly misinformed but it came down to his new contract and him having say over who he signed with. Douglas cannot make any trade for that much capital without a guarantee of a new deal. 

Hill didn't have no trade clause.   Chiefs gave him a permission to talk with their approved teams for new contract.  Jets and Dolphins won't give up good picks and learn that they can't agree with new contract he seeks for.  

That is what it went down.

Jetfuel, you can ridicule JD for not agreeing with new contract details that Hill sought for if you want to. lol.

Dolphins gave Hill 30m AAV and Hill wasted no time to pick Dolphins.

Edited by JetsandI

Just now, drew39k said:

I think my biggest question is the fallout from the hill deal is simply did we tip our hand with regard to valuing the need at WR? Almost feels like this could signal a wr at slot 10. 

at 10, Jets will have like 5 choices to fill WR spot.   You need not worry about it.  

1 minute ago, drew39k said:

I think my biggest question is the fallout from the hill deal is simply did we tip our hand with regard to valuing the need at WR? Almost feels like this could signal a wr at slot 10. 

we didnt offer a 1 so I am not so sure of that

If we agreed a deal like the reports say and Hill wouldn’t commit to us long term then I’m happy the trade didn’t happen. 

I wouldn’t want to give multiple picks for a one year rental. On the other hand if we would of traded for him maybe the year in NY could of been enough to make him sign a new deal. 

Doesn’t really matter now as it didn’t happen. 

What has happened though is Miami have brought in two superstar offensive talents for Tua. Can’t knock them. Just hope JD can do something similar for Zach through the draft. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

If Hill would have went anywhere else outside of the AFCE, I would have been cool. Now I'm worried about the next 2 years. 

That will make the victories that much sweeter. It will be awesome watching our CB’s shut down Hill and sacking Tua.

1 minute ago, mattmanz91 said:

I'm kind of surprised he picked Miami. I thought the whole Brian Flores thing with ownership would of been enough of a detterent and the fact that Tua won't be able to utilize his best skill. 

this kind of tells me hes done competing. got his money right by his home. can do what he wishes. wont be surprised when he doesn't play all 17 games and potentially has off the field issues. just watch. 

• Like 1