2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

18 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Williams is good, id just like to see a different style of receiver from what we have in Moore. Moore can be our deep ball guy or play underneath. I’d rather someone like London, Burks, or Wilson to bring a different flavor to the receiver core. 

You'd pass on the guy who can do it all and take guys who aren't as good/versatile?

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Jamal Adams

Not exactly.

Jamal Adams in his 3 years with the Jets averaged 6 tackles per game, 0.4 TFL per game, 0.25 Sacks per game, 0.04 INTs per game.

Jamal Adams in his 2 years with SEA averages 7.5 tackles per game, 0.6 TFL per game, 0.4 sacks per game, 0.08 INTs per game.

So he's actually a better player now than he was with us. You can debate whether he's worth his salary. But he certainly isn't flopping. He's better now than he was with us. So no clue how that's a flop player wise.

The issue was that a S is never worth the picks we got for him. I'm happy we reaped the rewards of that. But the player itself is still a great player. He's just not worth what the asking price was. WR is a premium position in this league now. So it's worth the salary and assets. 

Off topic this just proves that a S isn't worth a valuable pick. IMO.

In regards to a proven player in DK. I don't have the time to show the increase in what his stats would be from what they are now, if they go up like Adams' did. I can roughly estimate

DK now averages 66yds/gm and 0.6tds/gm, which averages FYI to 1,055yds/season and 10tds/season.

Adams stats went up in every category once traded, so Imagine what that "FLOP" would look like based on DKs stats. Roughly lets say he "flops" like Adams to around the same percentage and his stats go up to around 1,300yds/season and 12tds/season.

I'd take that "FLOP" all day at the cost of the 10th pick and 25mill. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Not exactly.

Jamal Adams in his 3 years with the Jets averaged 6 tackles per game, 0.4 TFL per game, 0.25 Sacks per game, 0.04 INTs per game.

Jamal Adams in his 2 years with SEA averages 7.5 tackles per game, 0.6 TFL per game, 0.4 sacks per game, 0.08 INTs per game.

So he's actually a better player now than he was with us. You can debate whether he's worth his salary. But he certainly isn't flopping. He's better now than he was with us. So no clue how that's a flop player wise.

The issue was that a S is never worth the picks we got for him. I'm happy we reaped the rewards of that. But the player itself is still a great player. He's just not worth what the asking price was. WR is a premium position in this league now. So it's worth the salary and assets. 

Off topic this just proves that a S isn't worth a valuable pick. IMO.

In regards to a proven player in DK. I don't have the time to show the increase in what his stats would be from what they are now, if they go up like Adams' did. I can roughly estimate

DK now averages 66yds/gm and 0.6tds/gm, which averages FYI to 1,055yds/season and 10tds/season.

Adams stats went up in every category once traded, so Imagine what that "FLOP" would look like based on DKs stats. Roughly lets say he "flops" like Adams to around the same percentage and his stats go up to around 1,300yds/season and 12tds/season.

I'd take that "FLOP" all day at the cost of the 10th pick and 25mill. 

Did DefenseWinsChampionship type this for you?

Adams has been garbage since leaving the Jets, that's why the Seahawks are being laughed at for the deal. 

I dont think DK would be awful for us but I think the rookie will produce just as much, potentially. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Did DefenseWinsChampionship type this for you?

Adams has been garbage since leaving the Jets, that's why the Seahawks are being laughed at for the deal. 

I dont think DK would be awful for us but I think the rookie will produce just as much, potentially. 

His stats say otherwise. And if he's garbage for SEA, He was even more garbage for us. 

And the odds of any WR we draft ever being DK good are very slim. Let's not act like he's an average WR. 

1 hour ago, Sapo28 said:

Williams is good, id just like to see a different style of receiver from what we have in Moore. Moore can be our deep ball guy or play underneath. I’d rather someone like London, Burks, or Wilson to bring a different flavor to the receiver core. 

Would you rather have two Tyreeks or one Tyreek and one Kenny Golladay?

33 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

His stats say otherwise. And if he's garbage for SEA, He was even more garbage for us. 

And the odds of any WR we draft ever being DK good are very slim. Let's not act like he's an average WR. 

You know better man, stats dont tell you the whole story. Adams was better with us than he was with Seattle. 

DK is good but I dont think he's that good. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You'd pass on the guy who can do it all and take guys who aren't as good/versatile?

I see no lack of versatility in London's game. He can play big in the slot, he can move outside. Show me Williams out muscle a guy and I'll consider it. If CJ and Conklin can come in and play that big man/security blanket role for Zach then sure lets copy Miami and go full speed on the outside. 

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I know we are hoping a draft pick performs but I still don’t see how we can’t get good production from one of the WRs in this draft while keeping picks and salary cap space. 

I think JD wants an established good WR to help Zach early in the season.  A rookie probably won't help as much.  In other words, he want to give Zach every opportunity to come out firing.

Wow crazy stuff on here. i might as well throw my 2 cents in.

1. Did I really read that someone does not like having 2 super fast guys at WR. Are you kidding me. I take speed all day. This opens up your run game big time. The term speed kills still works today. 

2. You don't want Cooks. There is a reason he keeps going from team to team. he is not that good. He falls to team as the default 1 for server reasons. The only I take him is for a late pick like next years 6th or 7th.

3. You take a young proven WR any day over a rookie. Who cares is cost 25 mill. The cap keeps going up and this teams has plenty of money. I'm tired of the penny pinching. Time to spend. Yes you trade the 10th pick for DK.

4. At some point you have to start making moves and risks. Wilson MUST step up this year or it will get VERY ugly in New York.

Saying you don't want to trade 10 for DK and paying him is the equivalent to saying you'd rather draft Karlaftis at 10 (sub in any DE we could get at 10 that's realistic so not Hutchinson or Kayvon) than trade for a guy like Joey Bosa.

I feel like some of you just can't grasp how small the chances are that a WR we could draft at 10 ever being DK good.

Same as how small the chances are that a DE we could get at 10 ever being Joey Bosa good.