Offseason - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

15 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

LMAO. There’s a football god and he hates Dallas with the fury of a 1000 suns. Has to be. Otherwise I can’t make the math work.

I was surprised that the Bills did not force a kick off return to take some time off the clock.  Gamble that KC won't bust it for a TD or for enough yards for a field goal attempt.  Hell of a game.  Best weekend of playoff football I can recall in a long time.

1 minute ago, Northland said:

I was surprised that the Bills did not force a kick off return to take some time off the clock.  Gamble that KC won't bust it for a TD or for enough yards for a field goal attempt.  Hell of a game.  Best weekend of playoff football I can recall in a long time.

totally bad play by Bills... they just presumed the game was over much like KC did before after their TD...  MUCH like Dallas figured OT after the FG back in the play off loss to GB.

32 minutes ago, quiller said:

totally bad play by Bills... they just presumed the game was over much like KC did before after their TD...  MUCH like Dallas figured OT after the FG back in the play off loss to GB.

Bet that the overtime rules get discussed by the owners and competition committee in the off season looking to give each team a possession regardless.

4 hours ago, Northland said:

Romo called that right away… high, floating kick down to the 5ish and dare them to try to run it back.  Even taking it to the 30 yard line probably run 6 seconds off the clock.  Also, I’m surprised the bills didn’t implement the ravens defensive plan from the 49ers SB… tackle/hold every eligible receiver and only rush 3.  So, you get a 5 yard penalty but take 8-10 seconds off the clock.

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Romo called that right away… high, floating kick down to the 5ish and dare them to try to run it back.  Even taking it to the 30 yard line probably run 6 seconds off the clock.  Also, I’m surprised the bills didn’t implement the ravens defensive plan from the 49ers SB… tackle/hold every eligible receiver and only rush 3.  So, you get a 5 yard penalty but take 8-10 seconds off the clock.

Anyone with basic football knowledge knew that was the smart move. I said the same thing. The only real decsion was to go big-balls and instead of kicking the extra point, attempting to run off 5-10 seconds by letting Allen just scramble, using the entire ~85 yards between him and a safety, to run out clock. Then pooch kicking it. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Anyone with basic football knowledge knew that was the smart move. I said the same thing. The only real decsion was to go big-balls and instead of kicking the extra point, attempting to run off 5-10 seconds by letting Allen just scramble, using the entire ~85 yards between him and a safety, to run out clock. Then pooch kicking it. 

Are you talking about the extra point or two point plays?? If so, I didn't think those were timed plays so no time would come off the clock. Or I totally misunderstood the flow of the last few posts.

13 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Are you talking about the extra point or two point plays?? If so, I didn't think those were timed plays so no time would come off the clock. Or I totally misunderstood the flow of the last few posts.

Nope, I am just being dumb. That was me having a brain fart. For some reason I had it in my mind that an extra point was untimed, but a 2pt conversion "attempt" was timed. Attempt in quotes because I was thinking they could just run around and waste time.

But 2pt conversions are also not timed. So that was just a stupid rando thought that doesnt make sense.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Nope, I am just being dumb. That was me having a brain fart. For some reason I had it in my mind that an extra point was untimed, but a 2pt conversion "attempt" was untimed. Attempt in quotes because I was thinking they could just run around and waste time.

But 2pt conversions are also not timed. So that was just a stupid rando thought that doesnt make sense.

Ha!..been there done that. If you want, you can delete ur posts and I'll delete mine. 😛