Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

Memphis better not blow this. Don't even need a pick added with these young guns. I'd take Beasley by himself or Rozier by himself instead of a 1st.

Memphis has no even mediocre young guards on their team. Take a shot at someone still young and see how he does.

27 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Memphis better not blow this. Don't even need a pick added with these young guns. I'd take Beasley by himself or Rozier by himself instead of a 1st.

Memphis has no even mediocre young guards on their team. Take a shot at someone still young and see how he does.

Don’t trust these Boston players out of the system. Trust me. Take the pick. 

13 hours ago, MookieMonster said:
17 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Don’t trust these Boston players out of the system. Trust me. Take the pick. 

I'm inclined to agree... Memphis would be better off with a 1st

I don't know.  #28 or #29 isn't that enticing compared to someone who has shown that he's capable of being an actual NBA player and just about to turn 24.  I'd be happy with either since Evans is gone in 3 months anyways.

I have a feeling Toronto makes a minor move can't see them making a major trade unless they don't have to trade away anything from the young core (that matters) or a bigger name that could really move the needle comes and they are able to give less than market value for him (Tross and a late 1st for Serge type of deal) both varying degrees of unlikely. 

I think perhaps a Nogueria and 2nd round pick for a vet shooter is likely the play. 

42 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

I have a feeling Toronto makes a minor move can't see them making a major trade unless they don't have to trade away anything from the young core (that matters) or a bigger name that could really move the needle comes and they are able to give less than market value for him (Tross and a late 1st for Serge type of deal) both varying degrees of unlikely. 

I think perhaps a Nogueria and 2nd round pick for a vet shooter is likely the play. 

I wouldn’t touch the bench. They’ve found something that works. Just wait for the buyouts. I have a feeling it’s gonna be one of the best buyout markets of all time with this loaded draft and non playoff teams tanking hard. 

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wouldn’t touch the bench. They’ve found something that works. Just wait for the buyouts. I have a feeling it’s gonna be one of the best buyout markets of all time with this loaded draft and non playoff teams tanking hard. 

I agree with that. We are lacking another shooter and I think Nogueria is the most likely player that could be dealt due to the fact he's buried behind JV, Poeltl and Serge/Pascal in smaller lineups. If you are a lotto team that needs to get younger I think he would be an interesting player to take a look at. I would prefer to hang onto him and others unless of course there is a deal that is too good to pass up. If Toronto does make a deal that's the type of deal that'll be made. 

There are some potential interesting buyout candidates that could be available though. 

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:46 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Memphis holding out for a #1 for Tyreke, Boston not willing to give it up. Wonder who flinches first.

hearing the 76ers want him or lou Williams but they don't wanna part with there 1st round pick.. is Tyreke a FA after this yr?

4 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

No real links, just keep an eye on Utah folks. Lots of smoke/rumors from multiple players/teams linked to the Jazz.

Major Cavs shakeup

Cavs get: George Hill, Derrick Favors, Rodney Hood, Utah's 2018 first-round pick (protected Nos. 1-14 in 2018, Nos. 1-4 from 2019 to 2021, converts to UTA and WAS second-round picks in 2021 if not previously conveyed)

Jazz get: Kevin Love, Malachi Richardson, Derrick Rose

Kings get: Joe Johnson, Iman Shumpert, Miami's 2020 second-round pick (from CLE)

I saw this suggestion from Kevin Pelton.

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

hearing the 76ers want him or lou Williams but they don't wanna part with there 1st round pick.. is Tyreke a FA after this yr?

Yeah. I wouldn't give up a valuable 1st for 1 yr of Reke. Not enough of a difference maker to stop them getting wrecked by GSW 

10 minutes ago, amac said:

Yeah. I wouldn't give up a valuable 1st for 1 yr of Reke. Not enough of a difference maker to stop them getting wrecked by GSW 

What if Memphis took back Bayless and the pick was lottery protected?

Archived