Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Warriors get pissed at KD and their team chemistry and decide to make a deal with the Celtics that KD agrees to. Celtics send the Warriors Al Horford, Jaylen Brown, and Terry Rozier.

People never thought the Celtics would get Kyrie Irving in a trade with the Cavaliers last summer for Isaiah Thomas and the Brooklyn pick. Maybe this is a crazy trade that has 0.01% chance of happening but I figured that's what this thread is for. I personally wouldn't really like the move for the Celtics because I don't respect Durant and the Celtics have enough small forwards with Hayward coming back but it would still be Kevin Durant joining Kyrie Irving and Jayson Tatum to go with Hayward.

Boy your imagination is priceless LOL. But ya never know ;)

42 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

#4 and Parsons for #8, Osman, and Hill

#8 and McLemore for #14 and Trey Lyles.

That would be a bad move for the Grizzlies. So basically you trade Parsons/McLemore and the #4 pick and end up with Osman/Hill/Lyles/#14? I mean great you get rid of Parsons contract, but you need more for that big of a jump in the draft. #4 pick you have a shot at getting an all star. At #14, you are just hoping you get a nice rotational piece. 

12 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

2019 1st unprotected and Ryan Anderson to Brooklyn for Demarre Carroll 

Welcome to the Luol Deng situation.  Where NOBODY is going to eat that contract for a mediocre package.  LIS in the other thread, there's only 3 teams with cap space who might have interest in taking on salary.  Whose taking on that 2 years, $41.7M left on his contract?  If I'm one of those teams (Brooklyn, Chicago, or Sacramento) and the Lakers offer a '19 unprotected 1st for taking on Deng, I'd do that deal before I'd take on Ryan Anderson.  No matter how much more productive Anderson is.  A pick in that 28-30 range is incredibly minimally valued asset.  I'd argue an early 2nd has exponentially more value than a late 1st.  Also, why would the Rockets take back Carroll if they're dumping Anderson to clear cap space for LeBron?

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Welcome to the Luol Deng situation.  Where NOBODY is going to eat that contract for a mediocre package.  LIS in the other thread, there's only 3 teams with cap space who might have interest in taking on salary.  Whose taking on that 2 years, $41.7M left on his contract?  If I'm one of those teams (Brooklyn, Chicago, or Sacramento) and the Lakers offer a '19 unprotected 1st for taking on Deng, I'd do that deal before I'd take on Ryan Anderson.  No matter how much more productive Anderson is.  A pick in that 28-30 range is incredibly minimally valued asset.  I'd argue an early 2nd has exponentially more value than a late 1st.  Also, why would the Rockets take back Carroll if they're dumping Anderson to clear cap space for LeBron?

Demarre carroll has 2 years and 30 million left on his. We would be giving them a 1st to add 6 million the next two years. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That would be a bad move for the Grizzlies. So basically you trade Parsons/McLemore and the #4 pick and end up with Osman/Hill/Lyles/#14? I mean great you get rid of Parsons contract, but you need more for that big of a jump in the draft. #4 pick you have a shot at getting an all star. At #14, you are just hoping you get a nice rotational piece. 

I just have a huge man crush on Kevin Huerter.  I think he's going to be awesome.  #4 is way too high for him though.  Get 2 other young pieces with big potential, Hill to help with Gasol and Conley's twilight years, and Huerter at #14.

Obviously it's better to stay at #4 and end up with Doncic, JJJr, or Porter, Jr., but I love me some Huerter.

55 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Demarre carroll has 2 years and 30 million left on his. We would be giving them a 1st to add 6 million the next two years. 

Why would you deal a 1st round pick for a slightly less bad contract?

Archived