Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Because that's not something we as fans can really value correctly.  That came from a mandate from ownership.  It's kinda like expecting players take a pay cut.  Unless there is a legitimate reason to believe that's going to happen, it's not something you can expect.

No, it's very clear that teams overspent in 2015(6?) and smaller budgeted owners actively try to avoid paying luxury tax.

Fans can speculate things like that very clearly and do all the time, except for a select few on this particular board

Ending this convo though here (on my side at least)

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

No, it's very clear that teams overspent in 2015(6?) and smaller budgeted owners actively try to avoid paying luxury tax.

Fans can speculate things like that very clearly and do all the time, except for a select few on this particular board

Ending this convo though here (on my side at least)

If you're going to use what most argued was an awful trade for Charlotte as a reason to justify your trade, go right ahead.  But don't get upset when people disagree with you.

I'm not justifying my very fair and sensible trade proposal with the Dwight trade. Those are two separate statements. The Dwight trade is comparable to the Crabbe trade from last summer.

Those fulfill completely different objectives - I am merely saying that a lot of things that some people like to emphatically argue about here get proven wrong every summer.

Also, I am not mad (???) - Actually done now, lol

2 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I'm not justifying my very fair and sensible trade proposal with the Dwight trade. Those are two separate statements. The Dwight trade is comparable to the Crabbe trade from last summer.

Those fulfill completely different objectives - I am merely saying that a lot of things that some people like to emphatically argue about here get proven wrong every summer.

Also, I am not mad (???) - Actually done now, lol

No.  You still haven't justified your trade from Phoenix's perspective.  I'm not sure you have a reason to justify a Chandler/Lin swap needs to include Bender.

Don't think either of these guys are really "busts" since they were drafted as teen projects. Not really any shot that they were gonna be productive NBA players shortly into their careers. Chriss is clearly the one more likely to be a bust to me. He's terrible. I'd buy Bender stock for sure, though. And I'm sure the Suns still value him, although they have made long term sacrifices to not be as much of a G League team this year so I could see them sacrificing one of those guys for short term impact. 

1 hour ago, YoungJefe said:

Cleveland receives

Carmelo Anthony

Kemba Walker

Charlotte receives: 

Collin Sexton 

Jordan Clarkson 

Cavs 2020 1st 

OKC receives

George Hill

Kyle Forver

Future 2nd round pick

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

do the salaries work? Not a bad trade IMO.

We dont have much of a chance against GSW but with Melo, 100% we lose.

I think if we wait til trade deadline, JR Smith, George Hill and Kyle Korvers expiring contracts can get us more value. I know its not great for team chemistry but it could get more value as situations get more fluid.

2 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

Cleveland receives

Carmelo Anthony

Kemba Walker

Charlotte receives: 

Collin Sexton 

Jordan Clarkson 

Cavs 2020 1st 

OKC receives

George Hill

Kyle Forver

Future 2nd round pick

1 hour ago, ohiogenius said:

We dont have much of a chance against GSW but with Melo, 100% we lose.

I think if we wait til trade deadline, JR Smith, George Hill and Kyle Korvers expiring contracts can get us more value. I know its not great for team chemistry but it could get more value as situations get more fluid.

Honestly I wouldn't mind Melo for the sheer purpose of being able to score points. OKC wasn't bad because of Melo, in fact their starting 5 was one of the best units numerically speaking the entire year, they just had no depth off the bench. I like Kemba walker a lot, but I don't want to trade Sexton. I don't see what leverage Charlotte has in trading him. He's in the final year of his deal, he probably isn't going to resign there unless something major changes, so who is going to overpay for him? I'd take on bad contracts, give up future picks, but i don't see us giving up picks and young talent to get him. 

Archived