Marvel/Netflix: Officially Cancelled...Moving to Hulu?

Acgott

7 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Netflix put out a statement. I found this part intriguing:

“While the series on Netflix has ended, the three existing seasons will remain on the service for years to come, while the Daredevil character will live on in future projects for Marvel.”

I wonder what those future projects are. 

This basically confirms they're all done for after the current seasons wrap (JJS3 is filming or close to finished, Punisher wrapped forever ago) 

Either a movie or more likely Disney's streaming service, which would be weird given his series will remain on netflix..

But Daredevil is the one property I fully expect Disney to do something with, the rest will go out to pasture or cameo in other shows when a slot comes up. AOS S7 could be ripe with cameos.... I could see the Punisher doing something but he doesn't really vibe with Disney's marvel plan so who knows.

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Netflix put out a statement. I found this part intriguing:

“While the series on Netflix has ended, the three existing seasons will remain on the service for years to come, while the Daredevil character will live on in future projects for Marvel.”

I wonder what those future projects are. 

yeah..wonder will they use the netflix Daredevil or do a recast and mold him to fit a more kid friendly audience for their Disney streaming service

26 minutes ago, August4th said:

This makes my day sad. 

Not surprised that Netflix appears to be ramping down on the marvel shows with Disney doing their thing. Really sucks though, Daredevil, despite the missteps in season 2, had largely been a very quality television show. 

10 hours ago, August4th said:

yeah..wonder will they use the netflix Daredevil or do a recast and mold him to fit a more kid friendly audience for their Disney streaming service

If they are going to do the latter, they can do both. Same characters and "tone it down" if they wish (I don't, just saying). No reason that continuity can't continue. 

This isn't going to Disney+, Disney has said repeatedly that they are not going to stray from at the oldest, 13-14 as the demographic for the content on their platform. They are NOT going to have things like the Marvel Netflix stuff. 

I'm more and more convinced that Disney has given Marvel Studios a mandate to keep everything PG-13/TV-15. And that we will not ever see a rated-R Marvel Studios property again.

30 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

This isn't going to Disney+, Disney has said repeatedly that they are not going to stray from at the oldest, 13-14 as the demographic for the content on their platform. They are NOT going to have things like the Marvel Netflix stuff. 

I'm more and more convinced that Disney has given Marvel Studios a mandate to keep everything PG-13/TV-15. And that we will not ever see a rated-R Marvel Studios property again.

Yeah, try making a "PG" of "PG-13" Punisher. LOL. It's hilarious to even think about.

49 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Does Disney even realize who watches the majority of this stuff?  They managed to screw up Star Wars a bit already.  They don't learn or they just don't care.

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Deadpool is done at R? I assume you mean Disney/Marvel together. Punisher is probably done after season 2. Same with JJ S3. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Deadpool is done at R? I assume you mean Disney/Marvel together. Punisher is probably done after season 2. Same with JJ S3. 

Punisher and JJ are already either in production or in JJ's case, post so that's likely the end of the line. And Marvel Studios productions, IE the primary film and TV end, Sony/Fox were licensed out.

5 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Does Disney even realize who watches the majority of this stuff?  They managed to screw up Star Wars a bit already.  They don't learn or they just don't care.

I fully agree. However, it’s more about the products that come with it. Toys, clothes, electronics, coloring books, etc. 

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I fully agree. However, it’s more about the products that come with it. Toys, clothes, electronics, coloring books, etc. 

Maybe for Star wars.  Seen any Daredevil, King Pin, Jessica Jones, iron Fist, Elektra or Luke Cage action figures in toy stores like target or Walmart?  Me either.  The Avengers can have toys.