Marvel/Netflix: Officially Cancelled...Moving to Hulu?

Acgott

11 episodes in and I am still extremely confused about what is happening season 2 of the Punisher. I just don't understand the motivation of Dr. Dumont. She states that she wants to help Billy because everyone deserves to be saved. But at the same time, she seems to ignore that Billy blatantly commits crime and helps him kill innocent people. Is she supposed to be a psychopath as well? Is her motivation seriously because she had some child hood trauma. Or am I to believe that Billy Russo is so charming that he can convince Dr. Dumont to throw away all her morals? And why does the show have to go down the contrived and over done doctor / patient relationship. 

As well,  did they just forget about the second plot? It seemed like they were setting up something interesting early on with Corbin Bernsens character's organization. But instead we are going into some weird deep dive into John Pilgrim and watching him cry in a hotel room. They seemed to set up something really interesting with Amy and this shadow organization and completely throws it away for this Billy Russo plot that is going nowhere.

8 hours ago, dotmotion said:

11 episodes in and I am still extremely confused about what is happening season 2 of the Punisher. I just don't understand the motivation of Dr. Dumont. She states that she wants to help Billy because everyone deserves to be saved. But at the same time, she seems to ignore that Billy blatantly commits crime and helps him kill innocent people. Is she supposed to be a psychopath as well? Is her motivation seriously because she had some child hood trauma. Or am I to believe that Billy Russo is so charming that he can convince Dr. Dumont to throw away all her morals? And why does the show have to go down the contrived and over done doctor / patient relationship. 

As well,  did they just forget about the second plot? It seemed like they were setting up something interesting early on with Corbin Bernsens character's organization. But instead we are going into some weird deep dive into John Pilgrim and watching him cry in a hotel room. They seemed to set up something really interesting with Amy and this shadow organization and completely throws it away for this Billy Russo plot that is going nowhere.

I’m only on episode 6, but I think it’s absolutely moronic a little teenage girl is rolling around with the freaking Punisher.

9 hours ago, dotmotion said:

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

I’m only on episode 6, but I think it’s absolutely moronic a little teenage girl is rolling around with the freaking Punisher.

Well I'll tip my cap to @MKnight82 - his analysis for S2 was spot on.  Loved the first 3-4 episodes.   But once Castle & Amy got to NYC - holy ****, what was that mess.   Pilgrim looked interesting, but became this complete cardboard cutout villain, and the whole story angle there with Bernsen/O'Toole was a complete waste of time and space.  

Worse was Jigsaw and Dumont.   I mean, jeez.   As good as Madani/Jigsaw story was in S1, Jigsaw/Dumont was painful to watch.  Just painful.

Man, I got through S2, but after the start they had, it ended on a very disappointing note.   And frankly, it doesn't leave much for them to explore going forward.    I mean, if the point was to show that Frank's existence is pretty shallow now with only revenge as his refuge...I guess.   I just think they could have done so much more to make the story work in S2.   Their attempt to have 2 main separate arcs involving Frank just didn't work.  Which is a shame - because from the first 3-4 eps, it showed a ton of promise. 

I still think Bernthal should be the next movie Punisher, he's awesome.   And I'd have no problem with Charlie Cox as Daredevil, Ritter as Jessica Jones, Coulter as Luke Cage, and D'Onofrio as Kingpin.  They really did a great job defining those characters.  But this NY verse doesn't have much life left in it at this stage.   As much as I hated the decisions to cancel the series, I can't say it was the wrong one at all.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Well I'll tip my cap to @MKnight82 - his analysis for S2 was spot on.  Loved the first 3-4 episodes.   But once Castle & Amy got to NYC - holy ****, what was that mess.   Pilgrim looked interesting, but became this complete cardboard cutout villain, and the whole story angle there with Bernsen/O'Toole was a complete waste of time and space.  

Worse was Jigsaw and Dumont.   I mean, jeez.   As good as Madani/Jigsaw story was in S1, Jigsaw/Dumont was painful to watch.  Just painful.

Man, I got through S2, but after the start they had, it ended on a very disappointing note.   And frankly, it doesn't leave much for them to explore going forward.    I mean, if the point was to show that Frank's existence is pretty shallow now with only revenge as his refuge...I guess.   I just think they could have done so much more to make the story work in S2.   Their attempt to have 2 main separate arcs involving Frank just didn't work.  Which is a shame - because from the first 3-4 eps, it showed a ton of promise. 

I still think Bernthal should be the next movie Punisher, he's awesome.   And I'd have no problem with Charlie Cox as Daredevil, Ritter as Jessica Jones, Coulter as Luke Cage, and D'Onofrio as Kingpin.  They really did a great job defining those characters.  But this NY verse doesn't have much life left in it at this stage.   As much as I hated the decisions to cancel the series, I can't say it was the wrong one at all.   

I'm probably not even gonna finish it, that's how annoyed I am

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Well it’s official - @Acgott you can change the title - the MCU & Netflix are officially done after JJ S3 airs.    Basically a reboot for Disney+ seems a lock later on.   Wonder which stars get to stay in their roles when that happens

Speculation is they will end up on Hulu not Disney+ as the latter will stay PG13

On 1/29/2019 at 7:35 AM, Broncofan said:

He's a great Frank, but I also wouldn't hate it if this cancellation frees him up to take up the Logan claws from Jackman.  Short of some unknown we've never seen (as was the case with Jackman), Bernthal is the most Logan actor out there in terms of demeanor.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

He's a great Frank, but I also wouldn't hate it if this cancellation frees him up to take up the Logan claws from Jackman.  Short of some unknown we've never seen (as was the case with Jackman), Bernthal is the most Logan actor out there in terms of demeanor.

Idk if I would want bernthal as Logan. Would rather go with an unknown.

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Idk if I would want bernthal as Logan. Would rather go with an unknown.

Easier said than done.  That said, I'm fine with that approach right now, given that I'd like them to establish this next phase post End Game without Logan in it so that we avoid the oversaturation of the character (and that they end up building the X-Men around him rather than integrating him into an established team) that FOX did.  Do that Fantastic 4 right.  Focus on that, work a crossover to integrate parts of an X-Men team into stuffs with the FF and Avengers and then bring in Logan (and I'd say actually have him a cameo in a different character's individual film similar to what they did with Spidey in CACW.