ProFootballFocus Top/Bottom at every position, final 2021 rankings

TheKillerNacho

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You mean 1st team All Pro Trevon Diggs didn't even make the top 7? Color me shocked. Oh that's right...

PFF coverage grade 67.7 45th of 134

Good thing PFF has very little to do with Trevon’s actual value on the football field. Sure Cowboys coaches could not care less. He’s a game changer.

PFF’s obsession about him is ridiculous and very, very PFF of them. Think people need to stop being blind stat nerds and actually watch the game of football. The vast majority of fans talk badly of the guy without even having watched him play really at all.

Edited by NoFlyZone

3 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Good thing PFF has very little to do with Trevon’s actual value on the football field. Sure Cowboys coaches could not care less. He’s a game changer.

PFF’s obsession about him is ridiculous and very, very PFF of them. Think people need to stop being blind stat nerds and actually watch the game of football. The vast majority of fans talk badly of the guy without even having watched him play really at all.

Seen him play more then I'd like. You're right, he makes plays. Also gets burnt left and right because of that aggressiveness. That too, is undeniable. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Seen him play more then I'd like. You're right, he makes plays. Also gets burnt left and right because of that aggressiveness. That too, is undeniable. 

Nah, he doesn’t get burnt left and right. That is quite an exaggeration that people like to tout without substance. It’s not like he’s getting beaten all over the place in these games, period. But people can keep baselessly hating… even though it’s pretty sad and laughable.

Cowboys fans (and coaches) would not be happy if he was a total liability out there. He wouldn’t be asked to occasionally shadow #1 receivers because he sucks at coverage. As a fan I encourage teams to throw at Trevon as much as they want. Perhaps ask Justin Jefferson, Mike Evans, and Terry McLaurin about his coverage ability. Maybe ask your rookie wideout, too.

Edited by NoFlyZone

Mark Andrews is absolutely a top 3 TE right now.   Dude's hands are amazing.

I cant believe none of the Steelers OLineman or secondary are in the bottom 5.   Then again, it is PFF, so...

I cant even imagine how there were 5 worse punters in the league than Pressley Harvin.    Guys was cheeks all year,

• Like 1

Raekwon Davis has a much lower rating than any of the Dolphins offensive linemen. Not even close. But Dolphin fans hysterically have tried to ignore that all season, or make it go away, because they bought into the nonsense conventional wisdom from 2020 that Raekwon was a future star. 

Christian Wilkins on the same team had more than double Raekwon's rating...83.3 to 36.6. And fully valid, if you watched both of them all season.

Wilkins' tackle record should include an asterisk: The guy next to him didn't threaten to take any of his tackles away.

13 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

"EDGE DEFENDER"

Top 7:
1. Myles Garrett 92.0
2. Maxx Crosby 91.5
3. Demarcus Lawrence 91.0
4. T.J. Watt 89.5
5a. Marcus Davenport 89.3
5b. Rashan Gary 89.3
7. Nick Bosa 89.2

Bottom 7:
1a. Clelin Ferrell 45.0
1b. Bradley Chubb 45.0

3. Brandon Copeland 47.0
4. Steven Means 47.5
5. Yannick Ngakoue 48.1
6. K'Lavon Chaisson 48.5

That’s some serious draft capital bringing up the bottom of the end defenders!

On 1/15/2022 at 7:37 PM, CP3MVP said:

OJ howard is a massive bust 

The only reason I can think to give him a pass for this season is he’s coming off of a ruptured achilles.

Sadly, mental mistakes have always seemed to hold him back. There’s a reason why a less versatile Cam Brate is ahead of him on the depth chart and it’s not because of physical talent.

Good to see MJ Stewart rated highly at safety. He never got a fair chance in Tampa and was put in a terrible situation with Mike Smith’s system.

2 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

I appreciate Yannick washes out in the run game, but can a guy with 10 sacks really be the 5th worst EDGE defender in the entire league this year? 

Yes. I wonder what his pressure numbers were this year. He disappears between sacks. He also lost contain a bunch.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 1

Just now, Rich7sena said:

Yes. I wonder what his pressure numbers were this year. He disappears between sacks. He also lost contain a bunch.

For sure, but I am struggling to believe that there aren't a fair few Ends who basically contribute nothing other than being a body. 

8 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

For sure, but I am struggling to believe that there aren't a fair few Ends who basically contribute nothing other than being a body. 

I think that type of player at least does not give the offense yards. Ngakoue's deficiencies consistently compromised the defense. In contrast, a guy like Clelin Ferrell--the definition of a warm body--at least does not give up yards.

On 1/15/2022 at 2:30 PM, Tk3 said:

I missed my fantasy football playoffs because Urban Meyer chose this guy over James Robinson early in the season

b-b-b-but a bunch of Jags fans on this forum insisted Urban wasn’t trying to replace Robinson!!

40 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think that type of player at least does not give the offense yards. Ngakoue's deficiencies consistently compromised the defense. In contrast, a guy like Clelin Ferrell--the definition of a warm body--at least does not give up yards.

I mean Clelin is literally rated as the worst by them.