NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

Just now, ET80 said:

His follow up was even worse, which makes me think it's not sarcasm:

If they're upset with how it played out, they need to throw stuff at Dak.

Even with an apology - he's been in the league long enough to know the ref spots the ball, not the C. Him forgetting it in the heat of the moment can happen, sure. But this? No, don't hide behind this.

Now - at absolute best - he's Donovan McNabb not knowing games end in a tie. At worst, he's completely hiding behind the refs for a mistake he made that effectively killed the Cowboys' chances. Sure, a comeback wasn't guaranteed even of he did what literally every player does after every play (give the ball to the ref to spot it). He's too much of a vet (making too much money) to forget this, or he's trying to hide behind his ignorance to avoid his portion of blame.

If this is the direction he's taking, I'm done thinking highly of him.

It's only getting worse (or better, depending on your viewpoint).  Gigantic bonehead move by a polarizing franchise, and then a pathetic display by the QB of that franchise?  The fires will now have actual legitimate fuel for years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

His follow up was even worse, which makes me think it's not sarcasm:

If they're upset with how it played out, they need to throw stuff at Dak.

Even with an apology - he's been in the league long enough to know the ref spots the ball, not the C. Him forgetting it in the heat of the moment can happen, sure. But this? No, don't hide behind this.

Now - at absolute best - he's Donovan McNabb not knowing games end in a tie. At worst, he's completely hiding behind the refs for a mistake he made that effectively killed the Cowboys' chances. Sure, a comeback wasn't guaranteed even of he did what literally every player does after every play (give the ball to the ref to spot it). He's too much of a vet (making too much money) to forget this, or he's trying to hide behind his ignorance to avoid his portion of blame.

If this is the direction he's taking, I'm done thinking highly of him.

Couple thoughts:

1. I think you might be dragging your debates on here into the logic you are applying to him. 

2. Dak/McCarthy do have a point. The Ref had 8 seconds to touch a ball. Whether he bends over and touches it, or he takes it from Dak and touches it, there was enough time.

3. As I said earlier, I think the 'boys are just upset how many abnormal ref situations weve been in. It seems like every week some other ref-related controversy comes up. 

4. I do agree this is a bad attitude and I think it reflects leadership. That said, I also think the comment is funny. 

3 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

It's only getting worse (or better, depending on your viewpoint).  Gigantic bonehead move by a polarizing franchise, and then a pathetic display by the QB of that franchise?  The fires will now have actual legitimate fuel for years.

HC McCarthy comments were great either.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Couple thoughts:

1. I think you might be dragging your debates on here into the logic you are applying to him. 

2. Dak/McCarthy do have a point. The Ref had 8 seconds to touch a ball. Whether he bends over and touches it, or he takes it from Dak and touches it, there was enough time.

You have a video of this to support the "8 seconds "

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

3. As I said earlier, I think the 'boys are just upset how many abnormal ref situations weve been in. It seems like every week some other ref-related controversy comes up. 

4. I do agree this is a bad attitude and I think it reflects leadership. That said, I also think the comment is funny. 

5 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Actual post game clip of Dak's comments. I don't know, didn't seem that jovial about what he said. The guy just lost a game though. 

This makes it even more funny. You can tell he is just throwing an offhanded anger-comment. 

Just now, squire12 said:

Correct.  Dak runs for 17 yards.

Ref is 8-10 yards behind the line of scrimmage and needs to go 25 yards after Dak slides and navigate the players lining up.  

Hopefully he would have been tracking closer than that, but the point still stands. I am 90% sure it was 8 seconds left when the play was blown dead.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Hopefully he would have been tracking closer than that, but the point still stands. I am 90% sure it was 8 seconds left when the play was blown dead.

He is still watching for behind the play infractions to some degree.

If Dallas decides to lateral or reverse direction, the refs need to be out of the way.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

14 at the snap. Dak finishes slide at 8. Ump bumps into Dak at about 4. 

The moment that Dak is up he needs to be looking at the clock and understanding where everything is. The ump bumps into him, he really has to know that he has to run a play at that point (which he can't do because he's not going to be able to tell the team). 

That's why I hate this call. Yes, you're getting 15 yards or whatever, but you really need everything to go perfectly to make sure you get off another play. Just one thing goes wrong and the game is over (in this case, a couple of things went bad). As I said earlier, no way in hell the juice was worth the squeeze with this play. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Couple thoughts:

They couldn't just "touch" the ball because your center decided to spot the ball at the 23, when Dak was down at the 25 1/2. Hence why you don't let your center spot the ball. It had to be brought back. He only move it back like a yard so that it was even possible to get a spike in, it should've been moved back another yard and a half.

Refs did everything in their power to let the team have one more play. Dak has got to know better. He'll never make that mistake again, but sadly the damage is done.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

He is still watching for behind the play infractions to some degree.

If Dallas decides to lateral or reverse direction, the refs need to be out of the way.  

I dont follow this conversation. It started out about 8 seconds, it was 8 seconds, and now you are wandering off into another direction.... 

What is it you are trying to convey?